Overall Satisfaction with NetSuite ERP
We use NetSuite to run our financials, CRM, time tracking and rely on the projects to track our language classes. Most full-time staff have NetSuite accounts. Using projects, we can track important information on language training, our core business.
- Real-time data: though is getting to be the status quo for business these days, NS has always had it.
- Customization: you can create custom fields and records for your own particular business needs.
- Saved searches and reports: fairly easy to create and run; created email alerts to go out to staff, customers showing important changes in data, reminders.
- Reliability: it has a great up-time percentage.
- e-Commerce site hard to customize.
- Record forms all look so alike a novice user gets confused and lost many times (better iconography, color schemes, etc. may be needed).
- Page loads can be ridiculously long.
- You can't export a record to PDF and customize the look and feel without using scripting and XML.
- Moving fields around on entry forms requires tons of patience.
- Since we are a government and DoD contractor, we are required to be DCAA compliant. NS doesn't do that well, nor does it give you a good look at project profitability (which projects are more or less profitable) based on direct and indirect costs. The boss' dashboard doesn't give her the right analytics to make a sound decision on whether to continue a contract or go after something else.
- Though we have about 25 full-time employees, we pay over 150 of them. NS cost for employee center accounts makes giving accounts to all them cost-prohibitive.
- As a borderline small business, management and I believe we're overpaying for NS, that it's best suited for mid-sized companies, that we're only using a fraction of its capabilities and being charged like we were using it all.
- We have great need for a scheduling system, putting a teacher, with a student, in a class at a certain time and having all parties concerned be able to interact with it. Even after some outside customization, a thorough examination and trial of NS's Activities module and Resource Scheduler, nothing's worked.
I didn't select it, but NS has a suite of application to run your business, from Accounting, CRM and ERP to Payroll and Billing. Other systems may do that cheaper and their UI's better looking, none don't do as much, so you have to pick several and then synch them with Web Services--good luck.