Lacking and Behind CRM for Medium Businesseshttps://www.trustradius.com/crmNetSuite CRM+Unspecified7.5651012013-12-17T15:30:26.992Z
December 17, 2013
Lacking and Behind CRM for Medium Businesses
Score 1 out of 101
NetSuite (Edition: United States) Release 2013.2
- Web based client access and "in the cloud" data storage, allowing users to connect from home simultaneously.
- Strong accounting features and tools that simplified many of our business practices.
- Strong customization ability for reporting and QPI metrics.
- Extremely cumbersome and expensive to build custom scripting, often would find that our needs were out of NetSuite's ability or scope.
- Unacceptable downtime outages that rendered our retail business and website completely useless.
- Because data is hosted in the cloud on NetSuite's servers, our customer data is not truly our own.
- Many industry common e-Commerce / marketing features are either lacking or not up to date with today's technology.
- We are able to track our customer data much better now with NetSuite compared to our previous system. Returns and customer reporting have been simplified greatly.
- Creating sales leads was missing in our previous system, NetSuite has a strong feature for tracking leads and reminding our sales staff increasing ROI in this department.
- Shipping speed and process has improved greatly while using NetSuite and custom modules. We are able to scan and track packages more efficiently and precisely.
- NetSuite lacks a cost efficient point of sale machine system for our showroom. Their current solution is not cost effective for our company, therefore our sales process takes a long time in our showroom.
Our company is looking for more advanced ecommerce and internet marketing features that are not currently present in NetSuite. We feel there are too many additional costs to NetSuite to make it "our own" and understand at the same time that no software is perfect out of the box. Not having complete control of our customer data worries us, and the slowness or "lag" in the shopping cart is effecting our checkout flow. For the investment, we would not recommend businesses of our size to migrate to NetSuite but rather build in house.
As a colleague I would recommend not to move to NetSuite for search engine marketing features. In terms of suggestions of products, we did build a custom script to pass UTM tracking per customer record. This was very valuable to our marketing team and I would highly recommend it.
45 - Shipping, accounting, sales, call center, marketing, merchandising, ecommerce, IT.