Nintex 2013 Review
July 29, 2014
Nintex 2013 Review
Score 7 out of 10
Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint
- Reporting, Workflow
Overall Satisfaction with Nintex Workflow
It is being used across the organization. We are using it for onboarding new employees, detaching email attachments for processing, and move information around within SharePoint. We are pretty limited on out talent with sharepoint ans especially workflow, so this tool allows us to have more users performing tasks and creating automated processes.
- Used to detach email attachments. It is great for processing attachments that we receive and have to copy to external file shares.
- Great for automated user creation. We use it to present options to requesters and then once approved it automatically create the accounts.
- Information dissemination. We are able to pass data to it and based on certain criteria, the workflows will notify the users or email them directly.
- Limited filesystem interaction. It can be difficult to do anything but a basic copy of a file.
- Lack of custom powershell module. It would be great if there were a PS module that would allow you to run custom PS scripts inside for a workflow.
- There could be examples included with the actions. This would help to reduce the time spend in looking for syntax and such.
- Increased efficiency for routine business processes.
- Ability to provide services to other departments that we were not able to before.
- Helped to reduce time spent aggregating data from multiple places.
We have a lot of dependencies on this product and will renew because of its ease of use and how pervasive its use is inside our environment.
I would like to see the product more geared toward someone that has less experience than others. This can be a difficult product to pick up without some previous knowledge in Sharepoint workflows. I do not think it would be well suited for an advanced Sharepoint person as they may find the lack of ability to customize to be frustrating.