Overall Satisfaction with Onshape
We use Onshape to design special remotely operated tools for our customers in the oil & gas industry, as well as our own in-house equipment for the mineral processing industry. The unique configuration capabilities of Onshape make it very well suited for our in-house flotation machines which are very similar, except for capacity, hence they are all designed from one model where dimensions are controlled by configurations.
- Parts can be modeled together inheriting geometry from each other
- Mating using mate connectors is much easier and faster than other cad systems
- Cloud storage eliminates file backup procedures, all data are managed by Onshape
- Onshape stores everything in a database, never looses track of a file or a folder.
- In drawings (2d) we miss the possibility to specify line type (hidden/dashed) for specific parts/subassemblies
- In drawings we would like to draw lines based on coordinates or snap to grid
- We miss one command to switch all views in a drawing to reference a specific version or to the main workspace.
- When bidding for jobs/projects Onshape enables you to issue plant drawings extremely fast if you have structured your configured designs optimally.
- Sharing your models with existing and potential new customers is very easy, with no installation of software or sending files.
- No need for IT personnel, because there is no installation of software, no backup, no lost files, and no crashes.
The support team in the Onshape organization is the best in the market. You just use the menu option 'Contact Support' and they will answer you within 24 hours, no matter where you are located in the world. Because everything is stored in the cloud you can choose to give the support guys access to your model so that they can help and/or correct specific issues if necessary.
It is cloud-based, running in a browser and there is no need for software installation. Onshape has published all the source code and videos explaining how the software works. It saves all your data in a database, using multiple virtual machines to speed up regeneration time when necessary if you have complex models.
Do you think Onshape delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Onshape's feature set?
Did Onshape live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Onshape go as expected?
Would you buy Onshape again?
The unique configuration capabilities make Onshape very well suited when you have many similar versions of your designs. After having designed a configured assembly you can make one drawing and just change the configuration in it and the drawing will update to this new version. This can save you a lot of work with many drawings.