Reviews (1-8 of 8)
- The program allows you to open, view and navigate through many different file types. This is great for working with several other companies that rarely model in the same programs.
- Navisworks Manage will allow you to create clash reports showing you exactly where the issues are in the model that need to be addressed. This speeds up coordination time and helps with being accurate in this process.
- Navisworks allows you to pull dimensions and create viewpoints in the model. This allows you to create markup drawings of the issues that can, in turn, be accessed by team members on the project.
- I would like to see Autodesk add more information to the elements in the models that imports. Many of the models contain a lot of data and I have found it difficult to consistently access that data in Navisworks.
- I would also like to see Autodesk offer more connections in the program to the Autodesk 360 online platform. It would assist in our process if we could directly connect to our models on the cloud without doing an export first.
- Model coordination. Navisworks supports a large number of file formats.
- Easy search tools to find model portions.
- Very good appearance profiler to set up configurations for view properties.
- A link to BIM 360 Model Coordination is a serious shortcoming. It used to be easy to link to models loaded to BIM 360 Glue for more in depth clash detection.
- I would have liked the ability to export a simulation created in Navisworks to 3DS Max for a more immersive animation with decent material mapping and better animation tools.
- I would like to be able to view/create BIM 306 Docs/Field issues directly in Navisworks. In the current workflow we have to use other file formats to work within BIM 360. It would be more productive to be able to navigate the model through Navisworks and to create viewpoints and issues from within Navisworks.
I work for a large mechanical contracting firm and we are awarded lots of extensive jobs that require heavy amounts of coordination. Our primary tool is Revit and we use Navisworks as a viewer for portrayal to the field and owners what the building will look like in future phases. We can easily call out all clashes through detection tests and manage screen captures through the viewpoint functionality which saves the field time and money.
I would recommend this tool for all firms that work in the BIM industry but would like to see Autodesk make some changes to the product. Unlike Revit and AutoCAD, every time Navisworks is updated it seems to remain the same with no improvements.
- Clash detections
- Sectioning and measuring tools
- Saved Viewpoints folder management system
- User Interface has remained the same for at least the last 8 releases. Something new would help users feel like Autodesk didn't forget about this software.
- The amount of time it takes to export larger Revit files as an NWC is the biggest drawback which is no fault of Navisworks but if they figured out how to incorporate a "Live Sync" function I believe users would fall in love.
- Clash detection.
- Reading multiple file formats
- Handles massive sized models
- File sizes are small which enables easy distribution
- Clash reporting is very limited.
- Tracking solutions and responsibilities almost non-existent
- Not cloud based
- Dated compared to contemporary software
- When flying through the model, it's very smooth unlike the web-based application Assemble or the heavy application Revit.
- Creating saved views and search sets is very easy.
- The quantification aspect is a little "clunky" and not all that intuitive.
- Creating search sets can be difficult and cumbersome (saving them is nice and easy). It would be nice to be able to simply search out an item using key words.
- Saved viewpoints.
- Search sets.
- Saved viewpoints sometimes don't work across different users with different versions (especially newest version).
- Clash grouping is cumbersome. It gives me carpal tunnel in the wrist.
- Sometimes viewports and clipping plans can get funky and mess up the view.
Navisworks Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Navisworks Technical Details