Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI)
My organization planned to migrate from legacy systems for better scalability, faster development, better compliance, and robust security. Initially, we had issues with networking during set up. It's a perfect cloud interface match for existing PeopleSoft systems. The pricing model is very cost efficient and easy to understand. It took some time to get trained, but once on board, it was a smooth ride.
- Easy integration with existing PeopleSoft systems.
- The volume of data that can be created and attached to a new or existing instance.
- Extremely cost effective to build a dedicated platform with a lot of memory and computing power.
- Improved support from Oracle to resolve any issues with the configuration for enterprise-level customers.
- Some of the cloud solutions are bare-bones and not as efficient when compared to what AWS offers.
- Existing components are insufficient to implement all solutions successfully.
- Being cost effective and the ability to handle large datasets efficiently, it definitely had a positive impact on the overall business.
- Able to upgrade most of the legacy systems which were outdated and expensive to maintain.
Oracle Cloud is more cost efficient when compared to AWS, Google cloud, and Microsoft Azure. However, the enterprise user support is not up to the mark as compared to the others. Also, out of box features available are minimal and bare-bones.
Compared to AWS Oracle is slightly more cost-effective, especially when the implementation doesn't require a wide range of services. The out of the box functionality is minimal compared to AWS or Azure. The technology is advanced especially when it comes to hosting the database. Customer support is not up to the mark compared to other vendors.