Oracle Data Integrator review
Updated February 28, 2020
Oracle Data Integrator review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Data Integrator
Oracle Data Integrator is used in enterprise projects designed for data warehouse and ETL. It makes sense for us to use the ODI ETL product, especially since the databases we work with are usually oracle products. You can create individual ETL packages with the Oracle Data Integrator ETL product. You can schedule these ETL packets at certain time intervals. You can generate summary tables using aggregate functions in an Oracle Data Integrator product. In this way, you can create data march tables to be used in the data warehouse. The end-user interface of the Oracle Data Integrator product has an intricate appearance. The ETL design screen needs to be more straightforward and more user-friendly. Also, connections to databases other than Oracle can fail after certain periods of time.
- There are enough aggregate functions to design a Data Warehouse. In this way, summary tables can be created.
- Works compatible with Oracle databases. By making ODBC connections, database connections are made more stable.
- The end user interface of Oracle Data Integrator ETL can be made simpler and more convenient.
- Oracle external database connections are time out after a certain period of time. Therefore, data transfers can be disrupted.
- I think it's a useful product to be able to make data warehouse and ETL designs. It is exceptionally compatible with Oracle databases.
- I think the data transfer performance is adequate. With different scenarios, it is possible to increase data transfer performance with Oracle Data Integrator product.
I have used the Pentaho Data Integrator ETL tools in different projects with the SQL Server Integration Services product from the Microsoft product family. Oracle Data Integrator ETL product is efficient in projects where Oracle databases are heavily used. The end-user interface of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is quite simple and straightforward. It also has an active user community. You can find solutions in these communities for the problems you are experiencing. Since the Pentaho Data Integrator ETL is an open-source application, you can bring your ETL design costs to a very reasonable level. This project will contribute positively to your expenses.
Do you think Oracle Data Integrator delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Oracle Data Integrator's feature set?
Did Oracle Data Integrator live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Oracle Data Integrator go as expected?
Would you buy Oracle Data Integrator again?
Oracle Data Integrator ETL product is efficient in projects where Oracle databases are heavily used. In the Oracle Data Integrator ETL tool, you can quickly transfer and transform data by connecting source and destination databases with ODBC. You can run your millions of data transfers separately by dividing them into multiple packages. This will give you performance results in data transfer operations. JSON can issue ODI ETL product errors with XML data or in oracle external databases. Sometimes the solution to these errors can cause serious time losses.