Overall Satisfaction with Oracle Database 12c
Oracle Database 12c is being used to store data which is used to process and pay benefits for Canadian military veterans. It is used by the entire organization to provide services and financial support to still serving and released soldiers.
- It is able to store large amounts of data in a structured environment making complex development and maintenance more manageable.
- It is able to perform large and complex queries required for display in front-end systems, for reporting purposes and for trouble-shooting. Oracle functions, procedures, and packages are very useful in developing complex functionality for display and input on the client-side.
- It is very transparent; the data is easy to access, see and understand, which is significant for troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Upgrades have been relatively painless.
- SQL Developer is missing some of the easy to use GUI tools used to check dependencies, grants and synonyms, and other simple DBA functions used by developers.
- SQL Developer interface is slow, and code completion assistant is unresponsive at times.
- I would like to see a cleaner way to process data results without re-retrieving data in cursors. We are currently using object types.
- It has helped our organization quickly and effectively provide benefits and services to current and retiring military personnel.