Oracle HCM Cloud Implementation Experience
- Global HR
- Workforce rewards
- Talent Management
- Oracle Talent Acquisition
- Time and Labor
Overall Satisfaction with Oracle HCM Cloud
Purpose: HCM Cloud is used to manage HR, benefits, and, payroll. Our legacy system was PeopleSoft for HR and Payroll. We were asked by Oracle to upgrade PeopleSoft and we were also looking for cost-cutting in our Human Resources maintenance activities. On completing the system study and based on the SME recommendation, we opted to go with cloud implementation and our company chose HCM Cloud as the best solution.
- HCM Cloud manages HR activities well (hire/re-hire/terminations/benefits).
- Payroll processing for the entire organization of employees with different payroll types (like Monthly/semi-Monthly/Weekly/ Weekly retail, etc.).
- Integration with third-party tools/products is made using HCM Cloud easy.
- Development of custom solutions like extensions can be done using the JCS/DBaaS
- HCM Cloud suite has helped to provide the functionality for which we were using customizations previously
- The downtime for any patch application in HCM Cloud is usually 24 hours, this is the biggest issue reported in terms of loss of business functionality for a very long time and especially during the payroll run time.
- A lot of performance issues were identified and Oracle is yet to find a comprehensive solution to resolve these performance issues.
- Decrease in employee turnover
- Increase productivity of employees & HR administration
Receive invite from the user group and IT keeps us abreast of the changes in the technology and also the OAUG keeps me informed of the emerging technologies and business trends. I have attended seminars which has helped in networking with the technology and industry experts, and learning the upcoming enhancements on Oracle technologies
- The decision to use both PeopleSoft and Oracle HCM Cloud as most of the extensions are in PeopleSoft and the roadmap was laid in moving these extensions to HCM.
- Integration experience between PeopleSoft and Oracle HCM Cloud to sync the data was almost real time.
- Integration layer sync jobs which run every 30 minutes and syncs data between 2 systems.
- This Integration layer built using Oracle Middleware products like JCS/DBaaS/ADF/Smooks etc.
- Integration layer is used to pull and push data from Oracle HCM Cloud.
- This integration is very easy with all other extension and third-party tools.