OutSystems Review: "Rapid application development finally works in practice!"https://www.trustradius.com/low-code-developmentOutSystemsUnspecified8.91231012014-02-26T18:15:43.296Z
February 26, 2014
OutSystems Review: "Rapid application development finally works in practice!"
Score 9 out of 101
Outsystems is used by us for rapid application development to give us custom software that works according to our practices, rather than us having to work in a way that suits a particular software system. Some example systems include a budget tracking system and a calendar system. These allow us to keep control of our data rather than surrendering them to somewhere in the cloud!
- Very fast way to get prototype and proof of concept systems up and running
- Most custom features we might want in an application are pretty easy to add, but you can shell out to C# if needed
- Very easy roll-out of applications from dev to test to live
- The underlying SQL database can get pretty complicated if you keep changing data structure - sometimes we define the database ourselves to get better control over it
- It's allowed us to get systems that help our remote volunteers and department leaders to get access to information that was previously stuck in proprietary systems
- The development times are very fast, so an idea can be a system very quickly to respond to a particular need
It does just what we want, and I'm not aware of any good alternatives for a comparable price