Overall Satisfaction with Pantheon
As we actively build and maintain websites for a large number of clients, we use Pantheon as a hosting option for the large majority of clients. In previous circumstances, we would be dealing with a smorgasbord of hosting platforms and server configurations, which becomes difficult to manage, difficult to replicate/resolve issues, and all-around tedious. Having everything under one roof has been instrumental to our success.
- Integrated GIT / versioning
- Tiered workflow for development and staging environments, for safe and rapid deployment
- Consistent server configurations across projects, for easy diagnoses and speedy IT support
- A little more control over features, e.g. htaccess, cron jobs, and general server configuration.
- More integrated support for some niche solutions (e.g. WordPress multisite).
- Allowing the ability to more easily clone or duplicate entire projects.
- Increased efficiency for rapid site management and deployment.
- Improved safety (backups and workflows) to mitigate issues in a live, production environment.
- Improved collaboration between developers, allowing for developers to easily merge changes when working side-by-side on a single project.
My favorite feature is the ability to set up environments with ease and have each environment individually associated with a GIT branch. This allows for seamless and painless development and deployment.
Do you think Pantheon delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Pantheon's feature set?
Did Pantheon live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Pantheon go as expected?
Would you buy Pantheon again?
For an agency or company that needs to manage multiple clients across multiple projects, Pantheon is a great fit and allows for easy management, configuration, and maintenance of projects under one roof. For an individual company seeking a hosting plan for a single website, there are other options that might be equally appropriate.