The best payroll service for small businesses
March 06, 2020

The best payroll service for small businesses

Sarah Kershner | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Paychex Flex

Paychex is being used by me personally to complete payroll and other HR-related items. It is also accessed by my employees through their own logins to obtain pay stubs, update their 401K, update their FSA and other related items. Paychex Flex simplifies payroll, 401K, FSA, and HR for my small business.
  • Customer service.
  • User-friendly.
  • Reporting could be tuned up a bit. Often I search for reports that I need and sometimes nothing comes up, or I find I have to search for it under a different area. All reporting should be under one single pane of glass.
  • Paychex Flex has had a positive impact on my business. Running payroll takes me 5 minutes, which gives me more time to focus on the other aspects of my business. The simplicity of using Paychex Flex for payroll, the self-service aspect given to my employees, and the wonderful customer service provided by Paychex when I need assistance on the program makes Paychex Flex one of the top solutions in my stack.
  • RUN Powered by ADP®
The ADP software is similar, but the customer service provided by Paychex is why they are better. I get answers from my Payroll Specialist in minutes, not days like ADP.
Paychex Flex's customer service is amazing. Like I stated before, I get answers and responses within minutes.

Do you think Paychex Flex delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Paychex Flex's feature set?

Did Paychex Flex live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Paychex Flex go as expected?

Would you buy Paychex Flex again?

Paychex Flex takes the guesswork out of payroll. When you have a small business you don't have extra time to double-check tax rates etc. Paychex Flex completes all the tedious parts of payroll and you are just left with adding in employee's time worked. It is also incredible to use for 1099 workers as well because, at the end of the year, Paychex will send out all tax documents to workers; full time, part-time or 1099.

Paychex Flex Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View job history
View company policy documentation
Tracking of all physical assets
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
New hire portal