May 03, 2016
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Pega 7 Platform
My department is using Pega independently of other departments across our family of companies that are also using Pega. Currently we are addressing getting work to the right time at the right place at our auctions.
- Development can be fast once you establish a consistent, agile rhythm.
- It's extremely easy to start mocking up a new application during DCO sessions and initial meetings. Clients can immediately see what the application could look like which helps with buy-in.
- Pega 7 has the ability to connect to and integrate with other systems. Currently we are focusing on connecting to our legacy systems but plan to integrate with applications like Oracle in the near future.
- I felt the training offered through Pega wasn't sufficient to really get started. I'm not sure if it's because of how our department uses Pega or if the courses didn't go into enough detail.
- As someone still learning how to do development in Pega, I find it extremely difficult to pinpoint why I am getting errors. I think there needs to better and more clear documentations of errors and how to fix them.
- There are very few online resources for troubleshooting issues in Pega. I believe there is a section on PDN that allows users to enter questions. The one time I've used it I don't think I ever received a response.
When I started at the company we were already using Pega. I'm not sure what else was considered in terms of new technology. Pega is intended to replace our legacy AS400 system in the long-run. It's definitely more user friendly, easier to make changes to, and better in terms of consistency across multiple locations. We also could not build complex decisions or rules in AS400.
You really need to see if the work you are trying to manage the flow of makes sense to model as a case. Our department is modeling some things as cases that I'm not convinced need to be modeled that way. Our use cases aren't as straight-forward as something like a financial transaction (in terms of well-ordered steps). Pega is made to handle alternative flows that vary a lot but it is dificult to wrap your head around modeling it to work properly in Pega.