Projectplace: Good Surprise on a collaborative tool designed for agilehttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementPlanview ProjectplaceUnspecified8.32791012019-04-02T21:29:53.163Z
April 02, 2019
Projectplace: Good Surprise on a collaborative tool designed for agile
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Planview Projectplace
We are in the process of configuring and implementing Planview Enterprise One, and Projectplace is being used as the main project management tool for this project. We are still in a learning curve, and the tool is being used now with a few users in multi-countries, but it has brought us some interesting new concepts and productivity. Once Enterprise One is implemented, the idea is to have them both linked and syncing so that Projectplace can be used for agile projects and also project document storage, as well as a preferred communication tool.
- It shows the tasks in a time schedule view, allowing the user to switch between the agile interface of cards and an overview of the tasks and its correlations.
- The possibility of having a dedicated document storage area with easy access gives a friendly way of finding what you need.
- The mobile app is a good tool and an easy way to get on track with your projects.
- Importing cards to the board could be simpler and easier, like copy and paste.
- The name of the columns could be customized, allowing more flexibility to the organization of the board.
- Additional information for the cards such as cost (money) would be desirable.
- Traditional structured projects (Gantt)
- Action items and tasks
It is a powerful tool for project management with agile methodology, including a document storage solution and time schedule that fits well the needs of the project manager. It's a more complete tool compared to other planners like Trello or Microsoft Planner, but it could have more flexibility on importing cards and customizing the columns in comparison. Also, there is still room to know all its potentialities, as we are new users.
It helps the project managers and stakeholders to track all tasks, as well as to communicate easily within the group. We still want to explore all the possibilities when using the tool together with Enterprise One, as it's an interesting integration.
- We are still in a ramp up curve with few users and it is too soon to evaluate.
Projectplace is a complete solution, considering the document storage, overview, and time schedule features. The possibility to integrate it with Enterprise One can definitely be another step further in Project Management within our organization. For simple tasks, though, Trello is more flexible, easier for new users and more intuitive in comparison.
It is well suited for project management and as a communication tool. It helps to organize and prioritize tasks, and also puts a good perspective on the scope to be delivered. The ability to use agile methodology with an overview of the project is interesting for follow up, and this together with the possibility to integrate with a time schedule makes the tool powerful in managing control.