Overall Satisfaction with Playvox
Playvox is being used for the QA needs of the company that I work for. We have created several QA forms that we use to evaluate our Associates and we have created workloads that we assign to each QA Analyst for better distribution. We generally use it to ensure our company guidelines are being followed by our Associates, so we have the forms set up in a way that will assign them a score based on how closely they were followed.
- It's easy to start evaluating since it pulls up all the data automatically.
- It is easy to generate reports as all the data is stored in its servers and we just download it.
- Filters make it easy to see our Associates' areas of opportunity and strengths.
- When I am evaluating, I can save the form as a draft but all the information that I have already put in it gets deleted.
- If I leave a form accidentally (i.e. close the tab), and I try to enter again, it shows that I've been previously working on the form but it doesn't let me go back to it. I have to start all over again.
- I would love for the drafts of the form to be saved automatically, in an era where everything is on the cloud, I've found this very inconvenient.
- Since it sends the evaluation immediately after I complete it, the Associates are able to take action right on the spot!
- When associates take immediate action on an area of opportunity thanks to the evaluation they receive, the QA performance of the company elevates.
- We don't provide immediate in-person coaching anymore for small errors. We just send them coaching through Playvox. We focus on the bigger areas of opportunity and have coaching sessions with the ones who really need it.
I haven't used any other product to evaluate, and Playvox is the first one and probably the only one I'll use. Previously, I've had to do all the work from scratch on Excel, and I've had to find ways to store the data in a way that will allow me to pull up graphics and reports.
Do you think Playvox delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Playvox's feature set?
Did Playvox live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Playvox go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Playvox again?
Playvox, I believe, is the best system to use for QA evaluations. It is very intuitive and has all the tools needed to perform this important task for any company. It is easy to use and the interface looks clean. This being said, I can't think of any other scenarios where it would be appropriate to be used.