Overall Satisfaction with Prezly
We use Prezly to build digital newsrooms, create beautiful and visual press releases with photos and video that drop right into emails. It also helps us segment and manage reporter contacts. It's a simple, easy-to-use system that helps us punch above our weight as a small PR firm. The open rate/clicks feature helps us know who has received and opened the pitch, who's really interested and what's driving their interest, and who to follow up with to make sure they've seen the pitch. We're also experimenting with dropping the Dropbox link with video in the email above the pitch when we distribute content. All in all, Prezly in an invaluable tool we use almost daily as a PR firm.
- Press releases with photos, videos, clean, attractive layout
- Contact management with tags and segments for media outreach
- Click rates/open rates to help target our followup outreach
- Full HTML press releases dropped into email instead of attached PDFs that don't get opened
- I'd like to see a little closer match between the preview layout and how the stories/emails populate in the actual email outreach
- I'd love a way to host video in the digital newsrooms
- I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a way to name campaigns individually (i.e. Print reporters or TV newsrooms or Producers so I can differentiate campaigns
- Prezly helps us know who has opened/interacted with our press releases, making followup more precise
- Prezly helps us present owned content (photos/videos) beautifully and easily, increasing their use by media partner
- Prezly has helped increase our press release open rates
It's been a while since I evaluated Prezly against Cision. It's an apples-to-oranges comparison because Cision has a lot of additional features, but Prezly has a robust CRM platform and digital newsroom that outflanks the Cision newsroom in look, feel and ease of use, not to mention cost. It has been several years since I did the comparison, so the Cision offerings may have changed in the meantime, to be fair.
Do you think Prezly delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Prezly's feature set?
Did Prezly live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Prezly go as expected?
Would you buy Prezly again?
Prezly is a powerful tool to manage media relations by creating a digital newsroom, digital press releases with embedded photos and video, and a contact management system that's easy to use and responsive. It makes us look professional and sophisticated and reflects well on our clients. It also helps us be targeted and strategic in our outreach by using the tag and segment system that lets us send releases only to the people most likely to be interested. We have a reputation of being good media partners and Prezly is a big reason for that.