Good Value for the Price

Jordan's Meltwater Review

Expensive but efficient

Meltwater Review

Easy to use, great resource to have!

What is Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform?

2 people want pricing too

What is Brandwatch?

Brandwatch, from Cision (acquired February 2021) is an enterprise social intelligence platform that is designed to allow brands to listen and analyze online conversation to extract meaningful insights, inform their business decisions and understand more about the return on their marketing spend.

What is Hootsuite?

HootSuite Enterprise provides a centralized platform for managing streams from different social media channels and posting/ engaging across channels simultaneously. It also has strong team / workflow features and good mobile apps.

What is Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform?

Meltwater Media Intelligence platform is a set of public relations software tools for media monitoring, social media monitoring, and collecting brand insights. The four areas of functionality are Monitor, Analyze, Distribute, and Engage. (Note that this product combines features from the vendor Meltwater's former Buzz, Press, and News products.)

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Video

The Meltwater Media Intelligence Solution

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Competitors

Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform's best feature?

Reviewers rate Support Rating highest, with a score of 7.8.

Who uses Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform?

The most common users of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are from Mid-size Companies and the Public Relations & Communications industry.

October 18, 2021

Good Value for the Price

Jenna Carpentier | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater was used by our communications department. If we saw anything (such as certain articles) that would be of particular interest to other folks in the organization, we'd share it with them. Our market development department also received the Daily Digests so they could keep up with what was going on in the industry and be well-versed on hot topics. We used Meltwater to monitor media mentions for our organization, our competitors, and the industry as a whole. We advocated for the use of structural steel as a building material, so we were interested in tracking new steel buildings/bridges that were being built, advances in steel, the overall sentiment of the steel industry, and any time steel was negatively mentioned (such as a structural problem with a building or bridge, including cracks/failure/collapse). We were also interested in tracking our competitors' materials, like concrete and mass timber, for any advances with those materials or any new/innovative structures being built. We also tracked government affairs and the overall construction industry, with a heavy focus on infrastructure bills and funding. Meltwater greatly helped us identify the correct articles of interest and filter out any unrelated noise.
  • Dedicated customer success team
  • Monitoring of online/digital articles
  • Intuitive, user-friendly interface (after the initial set up)
  • Print publication monitoring
  • Social media monitoring
  • Difficult to set up
Meltwater is great for monitoring digital publications. My favorite part of Meltwater was the Daily Digest emails (again, have your customer success team set these up). Twice a day, I'd get an email that had a wrap-up of our media mentions and top stories from the day. This made it extremely easy to keep up to date on the main topics without having to constantly go into the platform. Additionally, you can set up alerts in case there's a sudden influx of articles or mentions of particular keywords. For instance, one thing we wanted to receive instant alerts on was if there was a bridge or building failure/collapse. Once the customer success team got the initial framework built out, it was easy to go in and make minor updates. Of course, they are always happy to help make the changes if you'd prefer. One thing Meltwater seemed to lack was the ability to monitor for print-based stories. It was able to pull them in if the article also lived online. But if it was only in print, Meltwater wasn't able to report on it. Therefore, we had to do print-based media monitoring manually. There were also quite a few publications pulled in that lived behind paywalls and we weren't able to actually see or read the articles. I know some of Meltwater's competitors offer better options for accessing articles behind paywalls. They have agreements with the publications that allow you to see the article since you're a paying subscriber to the media monitoring platform. Additionally, I liked how Meltwater was able to pull in Twitter mentions and comments. However, I'd advise against using it as your social media monitoring platform, as it doesn't do a great job at pulling in posts from the other social channels. They tried to implement a social listening portion of the platform, but we didn't have much luck when we did the trial of it. Instead, we just stuck with Sprout Social for all of our social listening and monitoring needs. Although, occasionally Meltwater would pull in tweets that Sprout Social seemed to miss, so it was nice to have all of our bases covered from different angles to make sure we weren't missing anything.
Our customer success team was fantastic. It consisted of three individuals who worked together on our various needs. They were very responsive and always happy to help. They even came into our physical office once to meet the team and discuss strategy and our needs. I will say we didn't realize at first how much they would do for us. Therefore, we tried setting up our searches and everything on our own. Then we found out they could set up and manage everything for us. In addition, whenever we wanted a change made, we could call or email them and they'd make the updates (all the searches are based on boolean queries). I feel like they were pretty hands-off in the beginning to let us self-manage our account/search queries/dashboards/etc. However, once we found out that having them manage it was already included in what we were paying for, we let them know that was our preference and they became much more involved and hands-on. I think they'll adapt to whatever you prefer and what your needs are. I just wish it had been made more abundantly clear from the very beginning that having them set up and manage everything was an option.
Media monitoring based on keywords. Tracking sentiment and topic volume. Using the Influencer database to contact journalists. It is being used across the account staff to monitor for client mentions or competitor mentions, as well as industry trends to position clients as thought leaders on a subject. Its immediate alerts address the problem that would happen if we missed a story or the client saw the story first.
  • Provide reporter contact information
  • Instant alerts for earned media and social media
  • Daily or weekly newsletters on a specific topic delivered directly to inbox
  • The dashboards are not user-friendly, customizable (color, font size, etc), or worthy of presenting to a client. All of the insights from a dashboard get pulled from the platform and placed into a more client-friendly presentation.
  • Paywalls for certain publications connected to who-knows-what DowJones racket limits media monitoring capabilities and results in manual searches for a growing number of publications.
  • TVeyes, the broadcast monitoring arm of the media monitoring capabilities, just needs TLC and to become more client-facing. Currently, the links produced to share clips look sketchy, and they have a relatively short shelf life.
Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] is perfectly suited for monitoring the news. It is not perfectly suited to understand sentiment. The audience insights are incredible, and that helps for marketing, but for media relations, it's all about capturing every single mention of the article to understand the context. I like that it can monitor all of social media - even deleted tweets.
The live chat within the platform, combined with our in-person Meltwater rep, ensures everyone on the team knows they have a resource that can help them at any time.
Kristen M. Kirst | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our mission is to uphold and strengthen Seattle University's reputation, image, and values. We seek to raise awareness about the university, elevate its academic profile and draw attention to the impact our students, alumni, faculty, and staff have locally and globally. Meltwater serves as a key tool for us to monitor and gain intelligence to inform our strategy.
  • Social Media monitoring.
  • Media monitoring allows us to quickly and easily see mentions in local, regional, and national media.
  • Build focused topic lists so that we can pinpoint media outlets and writers based upon key priorities and initiatives we want to promote.
  • Broadcast media, we would prefer to use one platform however currently Meltwater does not have all of the features we need/want and have had to also secure TVEyes to support.
We have found Meltwater to support our strategic focus on the placement and promotion of key initiatives in the media for the university. We have also used the tool to help target news/media mentions we want to promote and share on social and our own university newsroom platform. There is room for improvement on broadcast news.
Our account rep and the customer service team have been attentive and helped us navigate new offerings and platform features. In addition, as we have had account users added, our account rep has been available to train and provide any helpful tips so they can use the tool effectively in a short amount of time.
December 12, 2021

Jordan's Meltwater Review

Jordan Wilhelmi | TrustRadius Reviewer
As a public relations professional, every day is spent researching and finding contact information for the latest press send. Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] allows you to intuitively build reporter lists that are finely tuned to your subject matter. If there's one thing I've learned about reporters, it's that they don't like to receive irrelevant press releases. The confidence I have in Meltwater's ability to help me accurately target those reporters is invaluable.
  • Reporter list building
  • Client media monitoring and analysis
  • Seamless outreach for press sends
  • Speed of platform
  • Real-time updating of reporter contacts
  • Advanced search features
My everyday day-to-day work is almost entirely accomplished on Meltwater. It is vital to have an all-in-one platform where you can compose press sends, build reporter lists to send to, and then collect reports on coverage of your work. I'm not sure what we would do if we didn't have Meltwater, as it would require us to be on multiple platforms and constantly [transfer] information between them. The only thing it is less suited for is if we need to do a super-targeted or niche subject search for reporters – I might just use Google or Cision for that.
It is invaluable to my everyday work and I simply don't know how I'd do my job without it. It is such an intuitive tool as a public relations professional and its ability to meet our's and our client's exact needs is what has allowed our boutique firm to thrive and grow, year upon year.
Jackie Beckwith | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use the platform on a daily basis to monitor news, create relationships with reporters, send press releases and track metrics, and create benchmarking against other peer groups to further refine strategy. It is just used within my department - the Advocacy department - though I do believe other departments would benefit if they integrated Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] into their daily tasks. We do not yet utilize the social media tracking abilities, but it is a growth plan for us, and I am excited to begin making use of Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform's capabilities in that arena.
  • Track and deliver metrics
  • Provide access to reporters
  • Great user design or UX
  • Organize identical headlines into one item with a dropdown option for source
  • Dashboard creation isn't instinctual to me
  • Dynamic clean-up of media lists when reporters move jobs, retire, etc.
The platform is excellent for a time-bound understanding of relevant headlines, and in fact, I utilize that capability on a daily, if not multi-day, basis. It is less appropriate when an organization has a need to send numerous wire releases because Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] allows customers only a set number over a specific time period.
The Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] customer success team is always available, very responsive via email, and the "help" feature embedded within the account is great.
Cathy Renna | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform is an indispensable tool in our toolbox for media research, outreach and distribution, and media monitoring. I have recommended it innumerable times to clients and colleagues. Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform services have only improved over time, particularly in the area of social media. And the customer service is excellent.
  • Database is thorough and easy to use
  • Media monitoring systems are excellent
  • Social media analytics
  • Limit on the number of releases per day
I recommend Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform on a regular basis as a key piece of comms infrastructure and well worth the use of resources.
I have always had excellent experiences - from troubleshooting to meeting with my reps in person and developing a true relationship - they care about the success of my work and my firm. They go above and beyond and stay in touch.
Aaron Metcalfe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use this for marketing and business development purposes. I find it doesn't provide much assistance and often gets companies I want to monitor confused with others that are not in our industry. It even gets our company wrong with others that have Hogan in their name (which are quite a few). [In my opinion,] save your money and avoid this company/service. There are others out there that must do a better job. I'm planning to go back to doing research on my own. It takes more time, but it's more reliable.
  • Nothing
  • [In my opinion,] it's not a very good at doing what they promise.
  • It's not a very user-friendly program; [feels] convoluted.
  • Customer service is sub-par.
I can't think of why you'd want to waste your money on this company. [In my opinion,] you could have an intern do it for you at less cost.
We [use Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] across our organization for media tracking and for their media database. A couple [of] core team members mostly operate the software, but we all benefit from it in different ways.
  • Media Tracking: As a PR firm, we rely on [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] to track media hits for our clients.
  • Media Database: We use [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] to track down specific media contacts, in both national and local contexts.
  • The user interface for their media database is cumbersome, and it can be time-consuming to find specific contacts.
If you're a PR or Marketing firm and want to track media exposure for your clients, [Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform] [scours] the internet, TV, [and] radio to track down specific media hits. They also have an extensive media database for tracking databases for journalists/producers in both national and regional/local contexts.
December 01, 2021

Expensive but efficient

We use Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] as a search and monitoring tool within our marketing department. It allows us to see when our business is mentioned in any PR articles, etc. We also used it to make connections with other professionals for collaboration to enhance and grow our business.
  • The account support has always been great. Technically & for best practices.
  • Media contact lists and reports are good.
  • Instant alerts for articles & social media hits.
  • The platform is a bit complicated to navigate. It takes quite some time to learn and it can be frustrating and time consuming.
  • Very expensive.
For how expensive this program is, I'd recommend it only after serious thought and understanding of what your organization's needs and priorities are. If you don't currently have a way to track brand mentions and this information would grow your business, then I'd say make the investment or try it. Otherwise, I'd pass and look at other options [from my experience].
The customer service hasn't posed any serious issues but the account managers could use better training.
Our department uses Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] to identify potential media contacts and track media hits. We use it for quantitative and qualitative analysis of our media relations efforts and use its tools to improve how we communicate with reporters.
  • Media tracking and tagging
  • Media contact database
  • It's not the most user-friendly platform I've ever used from a UX/UI perspective.
  • The media contact database could use some more consistent updating.
  • Sometimes its tracking does not track certain TV stations' or news outlets' media hits.
Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] is helpful if you measure your goals based on earned media hits (reach or impressions).
We receive very responsive customer service.
As a PR group, we need a reliable resource for capturing [the] news coverage we earn on behalf of our clients. We tested Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] as a possible alternative for monitoring, capturing, and reporting media coverage. We are aware that Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] also features a media research database, but we are entirely satisfied with the current vendor we use for that. Only our PR department evaluated the platform.
  • The user interface is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate
  • Reports are impressive
  • Engaging the customer support team is fairly simple when needed
  • Whatever algorithm they use to automatically apply sentiment to media coverage needs serious adjustment.
  • It seems like Meltwater is a sales organization that offers media monitoring. [In my experience,] I've never used a product that offers so many features as upsell opportunities.
  • Speaking of sales, [I believe] the front-line salespeople at Meltwater are the absolute worst. [I feel] I'd rather deal with a sleazy used car salesman in a cheap suit at a sketchy roadside lot than a hyper-aggressive, sell-anything-and-everything-at-all-costs Meltwater salesperson. [In my experience,] the salespeople we worked with were so aggressive that they bordered on sociopathic.
Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform] could be a decent alternative for in-house or agency PR practitioners looking for reporting and research options. You really only learn about the platform's shortcomings when you use it, but fear not: they have a solution! [In my experience] the only issue is that you have to buy up into the feature that will solve the issue. [I believe] it seems deceptive, and the last thing any of us need is to do business with a company that's not up front with what they're selling.
Customer service was better than average. They're easy to reach and provide quick responses when issues arise. Unfortunately, [in my experience,] the customer service team is the best part about Meltwater [Media Intelligence Platform].
We use Meltwater as a News Aggregator tool and as a social media intelligence tool to a lesser degree. It helps business leaders to stay on top of industry news through a daily newsletter, and it allows the Marketing Department to monitor public sentiment of the brand.
  • Nothing
  • Big learning curve for minimal results with dashboards, filters and reports.
  • Very expensive for what it offers.
  • Appalling customer service.
  • Too many account limitations even with an expensive package.
  • Difficult to customize properly.
  • Irrelevant content is hard to filter out.
  • Shady business practices.
The product is difficult to use and quite expensive compared to alternatives on the market. It does its job well enough once you learn to use it, but given the price, the low quality of customer service, and the sneaky implementation of hidden clauses in the contract, I can only recommend to anyone considering using this tool to stay away from this product. Overpriced, difficult-to-use software with little value to offer.
Terrible responsiveness from the team except to up-sell services. The time dedicated to helping you set up a functioning account disappears once the money is in the bank and there is no hope for selling further upgrades.
Hard to use tool with little value to offer.
August 19, 2021

Meltwater Review

We primarily use Meltwater as a search and monitoring tool for the entire organization. It allows us to know when our brand is mentioned in the news media and the potential reach for any of our proactive efforts. We have also recently started using Meltwater as a way to connect with journalists or other sources who may be interested in the content we are developing.
  • Meltwater has a good reach and makes it easy to add new media sources if they do not pick up brand mentions natively.
  • The account support has always been good with Meltwater and we can typically resolve problems quickly.
  • Meltwater has an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to get started.
  • It would be nice to have more customization available with the dashboards and other widgets.
  • I recently learned that you can create influencer lists from the general search results. It would be helpful to make that more clear for users.
  • I wish there was an easier way to set up the boolean searches. Account managers are great to help but it seems like there has to be a way to make it easy for novices to get a search set up correctly.
As with any product or service, you need to determine whether Meltwater is truly going to meet your needs. It has a lot of features and the add-ons continue to grow. If you do not have a way to track brand mentions and to search news outlets for information that is relevant to your industry, Meltwater is a great option to consider. If this is not important for your organization, it may not be needed.
Meltwater is used to track and monitor the mention of our company in media outlets. We also use it to monitor key words that are important to our industry and the members we serve. It is used by myself as well as 3 other key employees.
  • Monitor key words chosen by us.
  • Produces great reports.
  • Provides key influencers.
  • Adding more influencers.
Meltwater is great for monitoring key words that you have identified as important to your company. The platform is user friendly and easy to navigate.
Sophia Joffe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I worked with Meltwater to help get the word out about my distance learning site, eLearn.fyi.
  • You can easily find the right journalist at the right publication that will help your company grow.
  • The automated outreach tool (that is connected to the database) makes outreach fast and easy.
  • Big win for me was Meltwater's account team. They helped me every step of the way, not just with tactics but big picture strategy.
  • Really none that I see. I love the software and services.
The depth of Meltwater's database is incredible. You can easily find the right journalist at the right publication that will help your company grow. The automated outreach tool (that is connected to the database) makes outreach fast and easy. (Before using Meltwater, I tried a manual outreach, and it was impossible to manage and scale.)
We have attempted to use the tool for press and social media capture. We also wanted to leverage the dashboards to look at how we compare against competition and our % share of voice. We wanted to report these metrics to show how media efforts were paying off with increased results.
  • Right now it does nothing well and support has refused to help us.
  • The filters do not work against the numerous market research reports.
  • The tool does not capture media from the industry we are in. We are seeing major gaps in what it should catch versus what it is actually capturing.
  • The support is really horrible. The very first thing our customer service rep said to us was that he had to support over 80 clients and that we would not get any of his time. Well, he was right!
Don't expect for it to capture your industry's trade magazines. It only will do the big press like Forbes, USA Today, etc.

I am not sure what the Meltwater tool is well suited for. We are a medium sized company and it's turning out useless for us. I have actually used Meltwater for almost 6 years. There has been a HUGE decline in accuracy and support.
Matthew Simms | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Meltwater News for marketing and public relations. Meltwater was purchased to monitor the USCAA and affiliated brands across news and social platforms across the country. We attempted to use the platform for trends and to assist monetization of digital and and event assets.
  • There are few applications that the platform performs exceptionally well above and beyond what is possible through SEO and general searches through online databases.
  • The platform is not user friendly, and the company lacked training for users.
Meltwater binds users into contracts that have automatic renewals, though this was not made well-known at the time of signing. When our company experienced serious financial burdens due to COVID-19, we attempted to "pause" our contract for one year. The company refused and we will not renew with them again.
There is little follow up after the initial sale. It seemed that Meltwater is willing to negotiate any terms possible to meet quarterly sales goals. Then they leave the customers in the dark.
The platform is not user friendly.
Our company mostly utilizes as a social listening tool. It gives one tool and provides automated reports for any social mentions.
  • Finding media contacts.
  • News in one place.
  • Quick response from their team when issues arise.
  • Implementation process.
  • Training.
Businesses who need real-time notification of public reviews, comments, or news mentions, especially in crisis monitoring situations.
Businesses who want to monitor competitor tracking and mentions.
After we purchased the tool, our team was given a login and a training site, and then we were left to "dig in" for ourselves. After struggling with getting the tool implemented, I asked for a call and did get some assistance, but could use many more calls to learn the platform. There are lots of on-demand training, but with such a robust tool, it would be nice for some 1-1 training, especially for the price paid.

I will say that when reaching out to their customer support team, they are extremely quick to respond or assist as they can.
Mark Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater is a great tool for finding, archiving and managing your Influencer marketing efforts. In just minutes, you can use their database of over 1 million influencer accounts to filter, sort and prospect new nano, micro, macro, and high profile accounts that correlate with your brand. They also provide additional packages with different social listening tools as well.
  • Easy to find new influencers.
  • Provides easy-to-use tags for updating status of current relationships.
  • Influencer profile count is set at 50 for basic account, would like to have much more.
  • Very expensive compared to beginner programs like Mention or Hootsuite.
I would ask to definitely research and way their options as well as budget before purchasing. The contract starts as a year-long commitment so make sure you chat in-depth with your rep about the different features you have available to you. It can be very helpful, but if your company isn't big enough, it may not be worth the cost for you.
Meltwater is very impressive software, but if you don't have someone to help you through it, you might get lost. However, a great feature that does come with your Meltwater package are an account rep, or two, who are available to help you with set up, management and cover all questions.
Alexis Ramsey | TrustRadius Reviewer
My team (6 support specialists) and I used Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform to engage with a social audience of 2M+ and schedule LinkedIn posts on occasion. We switched to Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform from Salesforce, and that was a mistake. Setting up Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform was easy, and technical support was attentive, but within three months, glitches began to arise, and my team was unhappy with the software as a whole.
  • Setup of social profiles and adding users is a quick process that was easy to understand without any formal training or directions.
  • Scheduling content across social platforms is straightforward and utilizes a drag and drop option, which is quick and effective.
  • Technical support can be reached within the software, so putting in a request ticket from multiple users is helpful.
  • Software is glitchy when it comes to actions taken on native (i.e., liking posts) and having them register on Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform promptly. This made for a lot of "double-tapping" from our team for engagement.
  • The reps for Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform are not helpful and continued to be pushy about selling more services, getting a contract renewal, and contacting team members that were not the point of contact.
  • The number of users for the cost you pay is limited. With other services, the number of seats is usually enough, but with Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform, it was constantly "for another $1000, here's another user" even though the software cost was well above competitors.
If you are already familiar with Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform and switching to a competitor would cause a hardship for your team in terms of labor, then stick with it. However, if you could use more ODC budget, want reps (we went through 3) that are not pushy and listen to your concerns, or want a software that has more training capabilities built-in for your team, then I can't recommend Meltwater.
Meltwater Madia Intelligence Platform technical support was responsive at first, but as issues piled up, they because less reactive promptly. The team stopped putting in tickets and just "accepted" the problems. The reps did not help escalate any issues that were pressing, and instead only responded if you wanted to purchase another software or inquire about a contract renewal.
Jason Mollica | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Meltwater's dynamic digital and social media analytics platform to help educate and prepare students in American University's School of Communication to stay on top of today's ever-changing world. In 2017, we launched a digital analytics class to address specific student requests to be more versed in how to understand the billions of online conversations.
  • Easy to learn and use
  • Clear and customizable graphs for analytics reports
  • Customer service is top-notch
  • None to speak of at the time of submitting the review
Meltwater's platform is really effective for any sized business. However, your client and/or business should be aware that any intelligence platform is not cheap. That stated, my students have used Meltwater for digital and social communications campaign projects, monitoring how wide our class chats spread, and digging deeper into conversation data on Twitter.
Matar Gueye | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Meltwater to monitor the media coverage that is generated around the freight railroad industry across the nation. We use the platform to compile comprehensive reports that we share with internal and external stakeholders. We also use the platform to monitor our online presence, particularly social media. We use the engage program to proactively push out content as well as pull reports and measure authority and engagement rates.
  • Assesses the scale of an event: When there is a major event that earns media, especially national media we need to know how large the story is going to get. We are able to aggregate coverage across the nation to determine the level of effort we will need to push back or shape a particular story. This is a valuable insight that allows us to prioritize our efforts.
  • Clips: We need to know what is being said about our industry at all times. Meltwater allows us to have real-time insight on mentions and stories that are being published across the nation. We are able to share this content with our subject matter experts daily who alert the communicators of potential issues. This content also helps us proactively create content.
  • Monitors social: We need to know what is being said about our industry on social media, particularly important for our industry as we operate in communities small and large across the nation. Meltwater allows us to aggregate the thousands of messages and mentions we receive so that we can focus on monitoring those accounts that have a higher authority and influence level.
  • Logins: If you have more than one product from Meltwater you have to login into different portals. Not a huge deal except I cannot save my password for each one because my computer recognizes both portals as the same website, so if the passwords vary it won't save them.
  • Dashboard: There could be more modules to choose from that could enhance the reporting capabilities.
  • Add-ons: I know it is the name of the game but there are a lot of added paid features. Meltwater could benefit from beefing up their basic package with more features for their users.
Meltwater is well suited for any organization that wants to know where it stands in the world it operates. Reputation is everything and with an ever-evolving media landscape, it is important to invest in a tool that can keep up.
Brianna Zambrano | TrustRadius Reviewer
Meltwater has been very helpful in catching social posts that mention our brand. Most of them may have included our name misspelled or not tagged properly. This has helped stay ahead of the curve for good and bad exposure.

• Building dashboards is very simple
  • Communicating with the Meltwater support team is easy
  • Monitoring social channels and media channels is simple
  • More reporting functions for growth management on social channels
  • Better auto identity of positive and negative sentiment
  • Cheaper pricing for buying the whole monitoring and social planning packaging
I think pricing is a little high for most companies but the options for monitoring both social and media channels is great. Adding pieces onto your package is simple but it does come with a cost. Meltwater was great at building a package for everything but it is still generally the most expensive company on the market for monitoring.
Abbey Dufoe | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it across the whole organization to track media pickups about our organization and our programs. It addresses how we're seen in the media and social media. We also track trends with keywords to see how other organizations are writing about topics we care about so we can stay ahead.
  • Tracks media mentions
  • Tracks social media
  • Exports journalists and sources
  • The ability to edit things within the platform. I have to export all my searches, which is cumbersome
It's great for tracking how your company is doing in the media, across social media channels, and for figuring out how to reach people through their listening tools. By tracking certain keywords, you can see what your competition is writing about, which is very helpful. However, it's not helpful in sentiment analysis if you're writing about something negative like "climate change", which is mostly always negative. We just ignore that part of the platform.
Wesley Polk Lucas | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform is utilized by the Marketing Department at Visit Frisco. It allows us to track media mentions of not only our organization, but our media efforts to promote our events and tourism partners here in Frisco.
  • The Meltwater platform is extremely user-friendly. I like the simplicity of the navigation, layout and search functions.
  • The search capabilities are great. I can narrow my search of a particular media contact down to topic, location and event see previous published works to determine if they're a relevant source to our efforts.
  • We utilize the Dashboard and widgets within them daily. We love to see our potential reach, estimated ad value, content stream, etc. It really shows us in real time that our efforts are achieving real results.
  • The ability to create more searches without added cost would be nice. Or the ability to freeze/hold searches in order to add more without adding to total... we have annual events that we only track for a certain amount of time, so I'm having to save those search terms and delete them in order for us to track new things that are upcoming.
  • When sending an alert/release through outreach, I wish there was a way when selecting recipients, to see and select individual names from saved lists (without having to know the name). Sometimes we have something to send out that we want to send to a few specific people from several lists. We end up having to go back to saved lists, selecting those people and creating an entirely new list, which we end up deleting because it's never always the same people.
The usability and reporting are the biggest things I share with colleagues when asked about the platform. Meltwater's customer service is also extremely high and something worth noting.