Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Sense
Qlik Sense is used by the school district to collect, analyze, and display vital student and employee data to our central office administration and school administration (e.g., principals). Qlik Sense was purchased to provide an intuitive way to give our employees the data they need to make important strategic decisions about schools and student subgroups. It is used in multiple ways throughout or organization, but one of our priorities is for principals to use the data to develop specific action plans.
- Responds well to user's inquiries - very flexible.
- Enables deep connections between disparate sources of data.
- Allows users to bookmark specific selections for easy navigation.
- Developer tools need work - the script editing interface is very minimal (look at VS Code by contrast).
- Ability for developers to create custom functionality.
- Needs more look-and-feel customization on the front end.
- Streams (application repositories) are difficult to navigate - no nested structure.
- We are not a business - we don't have a traditional ROI.
- Difficult to say - school scores have increased over last 3 years, but this is due to multiple factors.
- Principals using data more often.
I was not involved in the selection process.
Qlik Sense is great for an organization that has multiple sources of data that must be combined in a reasonable way. The user interfaces - if created properly - can be very simple and intuitive. Therefore, it is great for employees who may not have extremely strong graph literacy. I would be less willing to use it in a research environment where a lot of customization is required. Also, Qlik caters strongly to financial and traditional business organizations.