An advanced survey tool that is easy to usehttps://www.trustradius.com/surveysQualtricsUnspecified7.82751012014-02-28T20:23:03.197Z
Updated March 18, 2015
An advanced survey tool that is easy to use
Score 9 out of 101
- Research Suite
Overall Satisfaction with Qualtrics
Our Consumer & Business Insights team is currently using Qualtrics to field primary quantitative research in the form of online surveys. We utilize the software to create the surveys themselves, and on occasion utilize Qualtrics panels in order to recruit survey sample. These surveys help inform the development of marketing strategies on behalf of our clients, as well as in new business prospecting. Some typical primary research efforts include:
- Consumer experience research
- Category intelligence gathering
- Advertising creative / copy testing
- Targeting & market segmentation
- Brand health studies
- Allows for quick and easy construction of surveys. The interface is very user friendly and easy to learn.
- The survey flow feature allows for more complex coding such as randomization of blocks, sample splitting, display logic, etc.
- Offers ability to look at quick results within the software or to export to analysis software such as SPSS, MarketSight, etc.
- Flexibility in fielding via custom URLs, social media, email, etc.
- Great customer service
- The results / reporting functionality is a bit basic. We usually export results from our survey into a different survey analysis software.
- When you create embedded data fields, they are exported as a text variable. This requires an extra step on the back end to re-code variables.
- Qualtrics has enabled us to code, field, and analyze our primary research efforts much more efficiently than in the past.
- We are able to field more complex types of surveys that were difficult to create in alternate software.
The previous software we used was SurveyMonkey. They are a perfectly good survey development software, but they have limitations in the complexity of the coding. We made the switch to Qualtrics as our online survey needs became more advanced than what SurveyMonkey had to offer.
There are cheaper survey design platforms out there, but in my opinion Qualtrics is worth the cost. The less expensive options tend to have limitations in how you can design your surveys. I would only recommend another option if someone had very basic survey development needs.