September 12, 2017
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Qubit
We use Qubit for local messaging, A/B testing and product recommendations on the home and product pages. It is just used in the eCommerce department, it is a huge part of our website and on-going strategy.
- The team is strategic and gives great advise and direction.
- The back-end system is easy to use and manage.
- There should be more templates so that people without HTML skills or knowledge can create tests. I do believe this is being developed.
95% of the tests and product recommendations that we have used with Qubit have had a positive impact on our customer experience. Which then has a positive impact on conversion and revenue.
In my previous company one of the brands was using Optimizely, while the brand I was working for was using Qubit. Qubit proved to be so much more than a multi-variant platform. It was much easier to use - we didn't have to rely on the tech team to implement tests. This way we were quicker at implementation and we were able to make decisions quicker. Also Qubit was more of a strategic partner than Optimizely.
- Able to make more informed decisions based on the holistic view of data
- Able to have different customer experiences based on how different segments reacted to product recommendations and tests
Qubit has a great team that advises with new tests we can do. They come to our offices and we have a a strategy meeting to see how we can improve the business. They are good at giving examples of success with other vendors and why we should do the same test. I have seen businesses use Qubit as a CMS which it isn't; I feel that they need to encourage their clients to get their development team to implement the test rather than just have it live on in Qubit.