Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
Quickbase has enabled us to transform our business on so many levels. It was originally used on a trial basis to replace an expensive, custom SQL database to keep track of customer information. It worked so well, we began tracking our employees, then our vehicles, then non-routine work, accounts receivable, payable, and most recently our scheduling platform. It streamlines our platform for operations on a whole.
- It is easy to use. If I can do it, anyone can. If I can't do it, the support is great.
- The ability to upload forms that are filled out by the database is invaluable and has made our process much easier; not repeating information already on file.
- The ability to attach a file to a record is also invaluable.
- I would like to see each table's home page have the ability to contain a "dashboard".
- Would like to see some of the content available by a third party (such as adding buttons to pages, for example) available without the third party.
We have, as previously described.
I have not experienced any other products that require a subscription.
I get no help from my organization. It can be consuming at times, but it's worth the reward. I've asked the community and even had support from a quickbase person on the phone in the past. Overall, as I previously said, if I can do it, anyone can.
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
- Improving collaboration across one or more teams
- Solving a specific business challenge
- Building and deploying an application (or multiple applications) that meets our exact needs
When doing a major update, I usually copy the app and expirment in a "testing" app, then once I've learned exactly what I need to do, I "go live' in the real qpp. I have never had any problems and training people how to use the updated app is not hard, as they are already familiar with the platform.
The customization is so great, it would work just about anywhere!