Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
We are a small organization supporting oil and gas operations throughout the Gulf of Mexico. Once we grew to two locations, I knew it was time for our accounting program to grow as well. Our issue centered around the management of inventory across multiple locations. I was also very concerned about the limited detail in our reporting.
- We are able to quickly see our real-time inventory at each site and deliver just-in-time deliveries to our customers where they need it, when they need it.
- Our reporting is now robust and paints the whole picture, helping in our decisions regarding cash management and future investments.
- We are beginning to realize savings from accurate inventory movement and better control of Receivables and Payables.
- Moving our accounts to new software, as expected, was painful. It involved a great number of resources and time to ensure accuracy.
- Although robust, the reporting is not always intuitive. It takes time and effort to create reports specific to your individual needs. The "boxed" reports are thorough, but fairly generic. But, I suppose they have to be to meet the general needs of a wide and broad user base.
- The program is fully featured, so, you can expect a long learning curve, especially when you roll it throughout the company at once.
- We anticipate a 70% reduction of inventory shortages for 2020, resulting in thousands of dollars reinvested in the company.
- We've reduced our customer's average days to pay because we can now manage our data and our communications more consistently.
- We've never done it before, but I bet we're going to save a bunch of money in our overhead expenses in Year 2 of consistent use! Go Budgets and Planning!
We've had to scale back due to COVID-19 impacts to our business, but we had better data to use when the tough decisions had to be made. We are rapidly serving our customers leading to robust sales in Q42020. We are better positioned to manage this growth now, and into 2021 because of our ability to see our company performance in new and exciting ways. I can't say enough about the clarity QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has provided to our business. It gets better every week!
The training process was smooth and supported by our Accountant. I've been through this type of transition a few times and I expected (and planned for) the worst. Then COVID-19 hit. It was actually a blessing in disguise. By shutting our business down for a number of months, I was able to have my staff focused on the implementation while working from home. As a benefit, they were well experienced by the time we re-opened our doors!
We're still early in the process. I think the next real big breakthrough will be time tracking and accurate billing of consulting hours with our customers. I'm sure we're not great at capturing these missing dollars, but QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise will help us improve quickly.
I've used programs as limiting as paper and pencil, all the way through the big boys like SAP and Oracle. Quickbooks Enterprise fits nicely within my range of expectations to suit our business needs. It is robust enough to provide all of the information a small-to-medium sized business would need to support growth and efficiency. It is a bit of an investment, but you get what you pay for. Initially, I was looking for a program which would help us support our retail sales in several locations. What I got was much more. I can easily keep up with my company's performance and identify problematic areas. I feel like the dog is waggin' the tail again, instead of the other way around!
I love the fact that I can access my data anywhere in the world! I can see inventory sales and orders, project future needs and most importantly, I have the data I need to negotiate better deals with our valued suppliers. Our customers are receiving better service more quickly than before, and our response time has improved because we don't have to guess about an in stock position. The Warehouse Manager app needs more functionality, but we're a small organization and I can understand the limits considering the intended users in larger organizations.