I'm no accountant...and this keeps my accountant happy!https://www.trustradius.com/accountingQuickBooks Desktop PremierUnspecified82541012019-01-28T01:17:28.444Z
January 27, 2019
I'm no accountant...and this keeps my accountant happy!
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Premier
As a small business, QuickBooks Premier is an easy transition from Quicken in my personal finances. It tracks my invoicing, client information, billing, etc. My receivables and payables are organized. The best part is that the information I take to my accountant is accurate and clear! No more scrambling to get everything together. The backup feature has completely saved us during hardware failure.
- Keeps accounts simple and straightforward.
- Has manageable alerts for bill reminders.
- Allows for easy transferring of funds between accounts.
- Saves client information for repeat billing.
- The keystroke shortcut commands don't match Windows shortcut - IE: copy/past is delete/void
- Not easy to clear transactions in bulk and correct a mistake.
- Reporting can always be improved.
- Less time spending on books means more time selling
- accurate orders / billing means faster pay from clients
- easy tracking of bills means paying bills on time easier
We have looked at Peachtree and other custom applications for an enterprise organization. Those products might be more robust - but for a small business, our needs are basic. This is easy to learn, intuitive and affordable. It's easy to install and maintain. Even non-technical business owners benefit from QuickBooks - and business owners that are not accountants!
Larger organizations with more complex billing needs will find that it is lacking. However, for a small comp,any it is perfect. It may be challenging to carry too much inventory selection in this program - but simple lists are good. As with anything - when your needs are basic, this works very well. If you have complex accounts or reporting needs, you may grow out of it.