Quosal Review - Largest Quosal User
January 05, 2016
Quosal Review - Largest Quosal User
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Quosal
Quosal provides quotes and sales management for over 300 proposals per month. I can't disclose the exact numbers but it's in the millions as to what we quote per month. It's being used throughout the company, from executive management all the way down to the customer service representatives. Its strength is the quick nature in which we can prepare and deliver a quote in a really professional way. Its weakness are the bugs that pop up from now and then but they usually get fixed in the monthly Quosal updates.
- Professional looking documents delivered to customers.
- The speed of rate in which we can turn a phone call to a quote to a opportunity to a win.
- The accessibility from accessing our quotes on the web via a secure connection. Giving us the ability to look at quotes on our iPads and smartphones.
- The ability to link to our CRM system which is on the exact page as Quosal.
- There are bugs that seem to pop up every now and then but they are usually corrected within the monthly updates.
- The database structure and API to our CRM has flaws in it that are due to the limitations of the CRM API.
- We sometimes come in to the software being down after an update that happens overnight.
- Quosal is a west coast company and they pawn their support off to their sister CRM company in the morning. Those support reps are usually clueless and give you wrong answers so its always best to wait till 11am EST to get a Quosal rep.
- Positive - Faster quote processing leading to better visibility.
- Negative - Poor reporting forcing us to use SSRS to create our own custom reports.
- Middle of the Road - It always seems like some of the issues that pop up are always super visible since they stick out.
Quosal is a far superior product than QuoteWerks. It took some getting used to but after you get comfortable with Quosal and keep an open mind you will see that there is no comparison. It took some people a day to realize it, some people a year (everyone is different and hates change).
Quosal is well suited for VARs or managed services companies. But all non-retail companies could benefit from using it. It depends on what you are selling and how you sell it. You can customize the proposals as much as you want and really implement your own companies policy into them but...you only get out of it, what you put into it.
ConnectWise Sell Feature Ratings
155 - Everyone from customer service to executive management uses Quosal throughout the company. It seems everyone needs to have a little piece of Quosal in order to do their jobs.
- Developer with Light SQL skills (simple querying, not writing code), Report Writer Skills (Crystal or SSRS), Strong Customer Service, Ability to train others, Ability to present to employees in any setting (from WebEx to one on one to a large group of people).
- Ability to work past and look beyond a normal 40 hour work week.
- 24/7 support since sales sometimes happen on weekends and at night.
- Multitasking in various ways. Knowledge of all Microsoft products.
- 5 to 10 years experience supporting others on a software package.
- Some sales knowledge would be a plus. Product/Inventory knowledge also a plus. People skills. Inventive mind.
- Ability to think on your feet and to work smarter and not harder.
- We are looking at using Order Porter for electronic signatures.
- Videos encased within quotes providing the personal touch with each quote.
- Sales reporting and forecasting.
- Order Porter - digital quoting.
- Mass marketing quotes to a whole marketing campaign.
- Updating a whole quote at once with up to date pricing with one click.
- Package selling.
- Manager reviews on quotes.
Evaluating Quosal and Competitors
Yes - Quosal replaced QuoteWerks in our organization and we have never looked back. It was the right decision for us. There will always be users that have used a product forever and they know nothing else. People have a tendency to resist change, but if Quosal is implemented right, your company can grow by 25% or more in sales. But you have to dedicate someone to it full time, creating templates, modifying the database when issues arise, supporting and training users.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Probably the seamless integration with our new CRM Connectwise was our deciding factor. But Quosal's API can link to other CRMs like Autotask or Dynamics or Netsuite etc.
If we had to do it all over again I just wish I knew then what I know now as far as technical knowledge. The people in your company implementing and deploying should really be super ramped up on their knowledge before implementation. This would have of saved us headaches if we just were a little more knowledgeable.
Yes - We did a slow rollout and let people get their feet wet before diving in.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - It was ok.
Have to wait till 11pm EST time to get someone knowledgeable. That sucks truly. Almost half my day is gone. They need to provide premium support, where I can contact a "real" Quosal rep, anytime of the day or night 24/7.
Quick Initial Response
Problems left unsolved
Need to explain problems multiple times
Yes - I have reported a lot of bugs. Sometimes they get fixed quickly. Other times it takes awhile, as expected with any software company.
It's an 9. Not a 10. No software package is a 10. None!! If a software package was a ten then it wouldn't ever be updated. Quosal has its flaws like everything else but it's not bad at all.
Like to use
Easy to use
Feel confident using
Requires technical support
Lots to learn
- Statements of Work but that might be because of us.
- Item notes have become an issue and are cumbersome sometimes, especially when selling Dell.