Reviews (1-25 of 37)
- Create quotes.
- Have multiple templates for quotes/proposals - this is good as you may want to include different information depending on product lines quoted, but at the same time make sure the same information is included everytime you quote the same thing.
- Enforcing rules on who can edit quotes so you don't have to worry about people making changes to someone else's quotes.
- For the last year everytime ConnectWise updates we have issues with the saving/link between ConnectWise and quotewerks.
- Error messages while saving & tech support takes a while to fix.
- Document management.
- Online quote management.
- App integration. It requires a 3rd party tool to integrate with Pipedrive CRM.
- Web-based functionality is limited.
- Retail financing options are limited and require complicated imports.
- Provides customized quotes. It was easy for us to create customized quotes, including necessary attachments for different types of sales. This streamlined our quoting process tremendously.
- Connection to ConnectWise is seamless. It is very easy to follow a quote, find and review a quote, both current and past without losing a great deal of time.
- Simplified quote creation process. Easy to customize, find, organize products to meet the needs of the sale without losing the standardization.
- The spell check feature is by the most annoying feature. It checks every little thing and usually you can't even tell what it is checking.
- QuoteWerks integrates well with our ERP, Connectwise and pulls the information back and forth well between the two.
- QuoteWerks integrates with our Distributors, Ingram Micro and Tech Data and pulls current pricing into the quote, which saves time having to go back and forth between applications.
- QuoteWerks provides professional looking quotes that we can submit to our customers.
- QuoteWerks can be a little clunky at times, but overall is easy to use.
- QuoteWerks could be a little more visibly attractive, but it gets the job completed.
- QuoteWerks Has added a couple of features that I would rather not see there - a view of all of the open quotes for a customer just muddies up the screen and it asks you if you want to save a quote at the most inopportune times.
- Clean interface that has grown through the years without becoming clumsy or cluttered allowing a sales rep to keep the familiar feeling while they grow new tools and implement new features.
- Purchasing interface works well and allows tracking to be simplified for PO's effecting multiple customer orders.
- Tracking changes in a quote through the properties field allows us to easily see when i change was made and who made it.
- I would love to see the layout designer modified. It is very old school and while a geek can use it, it is not intuitive to my users which funnels our requests back to me.
- Email logging of POs, we have a work around but that is always a messy thing and should be able to be better tracked through the CRM link.
- The purchasing module being able to stay open while working on other quotes/documents to cut down time between modules or just making the connection between the two a bit quicker.
- Integration via the QuoteWerks Web Connector. This allows us to script hyperlinks in our project management system that can be used to generate quotes in QuoteWerks.
- Managing a quote queue: We had originally started designing an Access database for this purpose, but decided to purchase QuoteWerks since it already had the functionality we were going to build.
- Custom Product Database: since we ar a data services department, there isn't an available database that will have our products pre-built.
- Would like to have the ability to have a cost range on a quote. We are a service-based department and charge hourly. We are unable to provide an exact quote; just an estimate. QuotWerks does not have a great solution for this.
- Installation is a little cumbersome. A complete web-based SAAS version would be nice.
- We could never get the LDAP integration to work, so we have to maintain our customer database manually.
- Showcases net profit.
- Customizable database for our product types.
- Quick and easy to create a deliverable PDF.
- UI seems a decade behind.
- Not always the best integrating with CRM software.
- Not the easiest to drag and drop. Text formatting gets skewed.
- Works well with CRM & other Sales marketing programs
- Easy to maintain the database files
- Easy to set up the print screens
- Easy to manipulate the columns you only need in your quoting process.
- Fairly inexpensive to keep up to date yearly.
- Copy database files from one database to the other....It looses or duplicates the files
- Building sets, items that make up "one" item. Doesn't flow as easy as we would like.
- QuoteWerks connects directly to our distributors so we are able to pull real-time stock availability and pricing. This saves a lot of time when ordering products.
- QuoteWerks makes it very easy and convenient for us to add custom products and services that we offer to their database which saves us time when quoting the same services over and over again.
- QuoteWerks make sending the actual quote to a client very simple. We simply connect in to our Outlook client automatically, send the quote, and the client is able to view, edit, or accept.
- QuoteWerks does not use a SQL back-end database so sometimes it can run a little slowly.
- QuoteWerks can be a little hard to navigate at first, but gets much easier over time.
- It offers a robust API Integration with ConnectWise Manage as well as several other CRM and accounting packages.
- It offers a robust templating system that has allowed us to remove large amounts of manual labor from our quoting system.
- It allows you to integrate rate sheets from your leasing partners for easy leasing options.
- Their desktop user interface makes it feel like a member of the Office 2007 product family.
- Some tools work irregularly depending on the data source you have it connected to.
- Searching for previously created quotes
- Setting up quote templates
- Creating multiple quotes per organization in a way that isn't confusing.
- I wish I could select my favorite line items to appear at the top of a list and make it fast to select those frequently used items.
- Quotewerks manages conversions from foreign currency. This is key for us as we are in Canada and some of our manufactures/vendors have US dollar price lists.
- Quotewerks keeps a database (flat file, really) price list. This allows us to maintain our own descriptions and simplifies quoting.
- Quotewerks supports multiple formats for output, you can have different templates to show or hide information like part numbers, list prices, and so on.
- Quotewerks offers several ways to distribute quotes internally or to customers. The program can send emails, or create an email in your email client, or save the quote to PDF, for example.
- I wish they had a better spell checker, the one that is used is fairly cumbersome and has a rather limited dictionary. It would be great if you could spell check an entire document, rather than just one cell.
- I wish double-clicking worked the way it does in most applications, for example double clicking on a word highlights the word, not opens up a drop-down list which is what happens with Quotewerks. Most apps follow Microsoft's lead on this, Quotewerks has not done this yet.
- It would be great if there was a "quick save" option which would save a quote without going through three pop-up boxes. Once I have saved a quote the first time, I almost never need to change the settings in these boxes, yet I always have to wait for them to appear and click "OK".
- The editor for creating quote templates feels very dated. It has been the same for 3 years, and it felt dated 3 years ago. Managing pagination is done through a rather cumbersome work-around process, for example.
- Easy to understand quotes.
- Easy revisions during the quoting process.
- Outstanding support.
- Etilize greatly speeds up the quoting process with accurate vendor costs and product descriptions.
- QuoteWerks has to be reloaded from time to time on our computers for no real reason, but other than that I cannot think of any other issues.
- Easily able to customize forms. Other quoting systems only allow you to add your logo, maybe change the color. QuoteWerks allows you to completely edit the forms the way you want them to look.
- Easily add custom parts into database. When you use vendors that do not integrate into the quoting system, it is important to be able to access those parts easily. QuoteWerks makes it easy to add those parts by importing from an Excel sheet. They also allow you to easily update those same databases.
- Able to name the quote. Other quoting systems you are not able to change the name of the quote. This allows you to easily identify what the quote contains and who it is for.
- Having real-time pricing and availability is great. However, it would be nice to exclude the discontinued items. This makes it hard in locating some items. To save time, we have to look up the appropriate item directly from our Vendor before adding it to a quote. With other quoting products, you can search for an item and it excludes the older items that have been discontinued or that are no longer carried.
- Integration with Autotask - we rely on this heavily.
- Integration with QuickBooks - this is very useful.
- Integration with our distributors - this is a critical feature we couldn't do without.
- Integration with Outlook - all of our quotes feed through Outlook for a great audit trail.
- I'd like to see it in the cloud, which I believe is in beta.
- The on-premise software can act up at times, though it is generally very reliable.
- You can generate a valid, attractive quote in five minutes especially for quotes that are very similar to other quotes. The quote can include vendor collateral, pictures, and selection options to allow the prospect or customer flexibility to get exactly what they want. We've used other systems but they had poor ability to include pictures, collateral, and selection options.
- Quotewerks does the best job I have seen in obtaining pricing quickly from your vendors (your price, not an anonymous user's price) and feeding it to you so you can select the most profitable vendor.
- You can send quotes via email that are clickable (sort of like docusign, but not as fancy). This also works for mobile devices.
- You can prepare quotes that can be accepted on your table or mobile device that you as the salesperson takes with you.
- User interface is a little clunky and old school menu driven.
- Functionality can be hard to find if you don't already know where to look.
- It doesn't integrate with many accounting systems - Sage 50, Quickbooks and that's about it.
It's not good at pricing inquiries for other types of business, although you could still build up your own database. If you need a CRM, this is not really quite it. It doesn't have marketing support and customer management support. It does link to Autotask and ConnectWise so that provides the customer management side, but still, no marketing support.
The key issue was the quick and timely production of quotations on a consistent price list, together with a look and feel for these quotations (able to be dropped into pdf) and the integration with at the time our GoldMine system, thus ensuring Sales Opportunities were created. Because of this ease, we have also recommended and resold Quotewerks to many of our own Clients, some of whom are on ACT! or GoldMine. The beauty is it works with multiple CRM systems or on its own.
- Fast Quotation from a standard xls imported price list, meaning easy and quick to update.
- Easy template design with ability to add product spec, and extra terms and conditions etc.
- Most importantly, its output documents are easy to read for clients and to send back to us.
- Big saving in time, I can check anyone else quotes, amend these if need be (e.g if on holiday) and update Quotewerks quotes from within the CRM system
- We also generate purchase orders out to our core suppliers on the back of an accepted quote, again being able to store the information easily
- Now we've added the Quotevalet add-on this has helped improve our conversion and more importantly speed of conversion whilst saving us countless hours in not having to chase a quote until the client opens it...a game changer in sales!
- Finally, its pretty cost effective as its works on number of licences don't need to match your CRM Licence count and you can trial it first.
- Probably just interface could do with updating, and perhaps making it easier to customise to make it simpler to use; it's sometimes its a bit confusing when you start or untill you've had some training
- Ideally, would like it to link to more CRM systems such as SAGE CRM.
- Linking of the conversion link to also show the attached pdf, certainly in GoldMine this needs to be done manually, although its automatic that the quotation file is linked....a minor thing perhaps?
The vendor has always been very helpful to us when we have come across or suggested an improvement, especially when they can see the commercial benefit and it makes sense, we found they actually dropped into the next build within 60 days.
Without blowing my own trumpet, we found needed some advice prior to installing it to ensure it's a good fit and client understands how to use it....we recommend a trial or webdemo or both just to help out users to understand and appreciate it. The key in my view, is a 'quick win' so for easy products or regular product quotes before getting carried away by say the bundles or configurable items or other more complex customisation requirements.
As they say, it does what it says it does "on the tin"; fast, easy and professional quotations.
Quotewerks is a very sophisticated and highly capable program with more functionality and features than any one company would ever need. In addition the publisher is constantly adding new features and capabilities. Although you may not use it all, it’s nice to know it's all there. As our business has grown our quoting and proposal needs have become increasingly more sophisticated and we were able to utilize more of QW capabilities. We now use QuoteWerks features in ways that we could not have anticipated or envisioned even a few years ago. Our needs for a highly capable quoting software package were driven by the diverse nature of the products we sell which includes finished goods, bulk and raw components. Eight years ago when we started with QW we were delighted to have a piece of software that would be enable us to pull in contact and account information from our CRM thereby eliminating retyping of the contacts account shipping and billing address.
Today we use QW’s tight and seamless two way integration with Salesforce.com not only to virtual eliminates redundant data entry as every field in SFDC can easily linked to a QW field. In addition QW is an integral part of our sales business process whereby quote information including pricing pipeline and opportunity is automatically uploaded to Salesforce. This makes for very simply data mining and reporting from within salesforce to determine which products are most successful with which customer segments and enable us to more effectively establish pricing guidelines. The pricing approval process can then be used to monitor and enforce the pricing guidelines. We have recently started to adopt features that I never thought we would need such as the configurator to guide reps through complex quotes with multiple complex components and options.
It is simple enough that new users can start producing basic quotes quickly and accurately. While experienced reps are able to easily produce sophisticated quotes, proposals and order confirmations. We have been able to adapt QuoteWerks to create and track sample requests and technical samples. The major shortcoming of the program is its lack of a web version which is expected in 2016. It requires a server and synching remote data over our VPN. I am looking forward to dumping that arcane architecture and being able to use it as a SAS solution. However, the server based solution is a fraction of the costs of most SAS quoting solutions so I am not in too big a rush to change. For now it works well for us but there will come a day in the not too distant future where we will need to move to a SAS solution it would be great if the web version of QW is ready by then as I would like to stick with Aspire they have great tech service when needed.
- Tight seemless intergration with Salesforce.com which eliminates the need for retyping accounts and enables quoted products to be added directly to the rep's pipline reports in Salesforce
- Really easy to make build templates to fit almost any business situation. A recent improvement is the ability to build quote templates in MS Word is is much simpler to deal with than the clunky template maker in QW
- Lengthy list of features and capabilities which the publisher is constantly expanding
- Great Customer service and support - Even though it is not required you really should maintain your annual update maintenance.
- QuoteWerks is a one-time purchase product, not subscription based.
- There is much room for improvement in setting up new users and transferring QW from one computer to another. You have to call QW and get a seed number which can at times be a hassel for a California based business because QW support works 9 to 5 Eastern Standard - A little extra time in the afternoon would be much appreciated
- The pricing for Quote valet combined with the cost for annual update maintenance puts it in the price range of web based subscription programs
- The program needs to run on a users computer and therefore when there is a computer problem the rep can't quote - As noted above it is a hassle to set up new users or transfer the program. This shortcoming is a serious one and made us consider a web based quoting solution. However, as of this date none of them offer the functionality of QW. However, the technology is moving fast and I will continue to look for the day when I am not dependent on an individual machine.
- Organize product data, costing, pricing and images in one central location
- Quickly prepare and disseminate quotes
- Time saved is redirected to other business management activities
- Interface with Act! CRM keeps quotes organized by customer
- Tech support is excellent for the few times I have had to contact them
- None that cross my mind
- Determines the different costs of our products based on the customers use
- Allows for multiple subtotals so that our customers can decide between 1, 2 or 3 different products and totals to decide from
- Inserts cost of tax for different counties in our area
- It can be slow and shuts down often
- Slow when connecting it to our email program (Outlook)
- Difficult to search for products within the catalog, you can't just type in a letter and have the program bring you to that group of products that start with that letter
- The QuoteValet service is an excellent and easy to use online quote/purchase acceptance system.
- The real-time pricing and order integration with the large distributors saves me hours of work every week.
- The ability to create customized proposals in Word format and then automatically merge with customer information allows us to create professional proposals, even when quoting small jobs.
- The purchase order workflow integration (we also use QuickBooks and Autotask) could be better.
- Quote Templates are huge time saver!
- The ease of preparing and updating/revising quotes means that all staff can do their jobs and take care of the customer better.
- Faster quoting allows you to be more responsive and sends a positive professional impression.
- We'd like to see more functionality in QuoteValet.
- The report writing features have limits, so you may wish to use an industry reporting solution such as Crystal Reports.
- QW produces a very "finished" looking quote to the end customer.
- It allows everyone in the organization to have access to each others quotes for consistency.
- Because QW integrates with our CRM (ACT! 2016), we are able to better track our opportunities and follow up on open leads.
- The data structure that is required to set up the "price books" behind the scenes is a little cumbersome until you learn how to do it and practice.
- The sync function for the data is sometimes a little slow in the Standard and Professional editions because of the Access back-end. The Corporate edition uses a MS SQL back-end and is better.
QuoteWerks Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
QuoteWerks is specialized Configuration Pricing Quoting (CPQ) software that can be used in every industry to create sales quotes and proposals. The vendor’s value proposition is that rather than relying on Microsoft Word or Excel to create quotes, users can benefit from a tool that is specialized for the task of creating quotes and proposals.
QuoteWerks integrates with the user's existing CRM software and distributors. With QuoteWerks users can also submit orders electronically to their vendors and receive an order status with shipping tracking numbers, serial numbers and more.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
|QuoteWerks Standard Edition||$15||per concurrent User / month|
|QuoteWerks Professional Edition||$20||per concurrent User / month|
|QuoteWerks Corporate Edition||$29||per concurrent User / month|
The QuoteWerks license count is based on concurrent usage so while you may have 5 users using it, you may only need to purchase 2 licenses. The QuoteValet license count is based on daily maximum number of unique users. In addition to monthly and annual subscriptions, one-time, up-front purchasing options for edition and realtime licenses are available which include volume pricing discounts. Invest up-front and pay minor maintenance fees annually. Please contact QuoteWerks Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-248-1481 to answer any questions or to obtain a personalized quote.
QuoteWerks Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
QuoteWerks Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|