- Provides customized quotes. It was easy for us to create customized quotes, including necessary attachments for different types of sales. This streamlined our quoting process tremendously.
- Connection to ConnectWise is seamless. It is very easy to follow a quote, find and review a quote, both current and past without losing a great deal of time.
- Simplified quote creation process. Easy to customize, find, organize products to meet the needs of the sale without losing the standardization.
- The spell check feature is by the most annoying feature. It checks every little thing and usually you can't even tell what it is checking.
- It offers a robust API Integration with ConnectWise Manage as well as several other CRM and accounting packages.
- It offers a robust templating system that has allowed us to remove large amounts of manual labor from our quoting system.
- It allows you to integrate rate sheets from your leasing partners for easy leasing options.
- Their desktop user interface makes it feel like a member of the Office 2007 product family.
- Some tools work irregularly depending on the data source you have it connected to.
- QuoteWerks integrates well with our ERP, Connectwise and pulls the information back and forth well between the two.
- QuoteWerks integrates with our Distributors, Ingram Micro and Tech Data and pulls current pricing into the quote, which saves time having to go back and forth between applications.
- QuoteWerks provides professional looking quotes that we can submit to our customers.
- QuoteWerks can be a little clunky at times, but overall is easy to use.
- QuoteWerks could be a little more visibly attractive, but it gets the job completed.
- QuoteWerks Has added a couple of features that I would rather not see there - a view of all of the open quotes for a customer just muddies up the screen and it asks you if you want to save a quote at the most inopportune times.
- Searching for previously created quotes
- Setting up quote templates
- Creating multiple quotes per organization in a way that isn't confusing.
- I wish I could select my favorite line items to appear at the top of a list and make it fast to select those frequently used items.
- Create quotes.
- Have multiple templates for quotes/proposals - this is good as you may want to include different information depending on product lines quoted, but at the same time make sure the same information is included everytime you quote the same thing.
- Enforcing rules on who can edit quotes so you don't have to worry about people making changes to someone else's quotes.
- For the last year everytime ConnectWise updates we have issues with the saving/link between ConnectWise and quotewerks.
- Error messages while saving & tech support takes a while to fix.
- Quotewerks manages conversions from foreign currency. This is key for us as we are in Canada and some of our manufactures/vendors have US dollar price lists.
- Quotewerks keeps a database (flat file, really) price list. This allows us to maintain our own descriptions and simplifies quoting.
- Quotewerks supports multiple formats for output, you can have different templates to show or hide information like part numbers, list prices, and so on.
- Quotewerks offers several ways to distribute quotes internally or to customers. The program can send emails, or create an email in your email client, or save the quote to PDF, for example.
- I wish they had a better spell checker, the one that is used is fairly cumbersome and has a rather limited dictionary. It would be great if you could spell check an entire document, rather than just one cell.
- I wish double-clicking worked the way it does in most applications, for example double clicking on a word highlights the word, not opens up a drop-down list which is what happens with Quotewerks. Most apps follow Microsoft's lead on this, Quotewerks has not done this yet.
- It would be great if there was a "quick save" option which would save a quote without going through three pop-up boxes. Once I have saved a quote the first time, I almost never need to change the settings in these boxes, yet I always have to wait for them to appear and click "OK".
- The editor for creating quote templates feels very dated. It has been the same for 3 years, and it felt dated 3 years ago. Managing pagination is done through a rather cumbersome work-around process, for example.
- Easy to understand quotes.
- Easy revisions during the quoting process.
- Outstanding support.
- Etilize greatly speeds up the quoting process with accurate vendor costs and product descriptions.
- QuoteWerks has to be reloaded from time to time on our computers for no real reason, but other than that I cannot think of any other issues.
- Easily able to customize forms. Other quoting systems only allow you to add your logo, maybe change the color. QuoteWerks allows you to completely edit the forms the way you want them to look.
- Easily add custom parts into database. When you use vendors that do not integrate into the quoting system, it is important to be able to access those parts easily. QuoteWerks makes it easy to add those parts by importing from an Excel sheet. They also allow you to easily update those same databases.
- Able to name the quote. Other quoting systems you are not able to change the name of the quote. This allows you to easily identify what the quote contains and who it is for.
- Having real-time pricing and availability is great. However, it would be nice to exclude the discontinued items. This makes it hard in locating some items. To save time, we have to look up the appropriate item directly from our Vendor before adding it to a quote. With other quoting products, you can search for an item and it excludes the older items that have been discontinued or that are no longer carried.
- Integration with Autotask - we rely on this heavily.
- Integration with QuickBooks - this is very useful.
- Integration with our distributors - this is a critical feature we couldn't do without.
- Integration with Outlook - all of our quotes feed through Outlook for a great audit trail.
- I'd like to see it in the cloud, which I believe is in beta.
- The on-premise software can act up at times, though it is generally very reliable.
- You can generate a valid, attractive quote in five minutes especially for quotes that are very similar to other quotes. The quote can include vendor collateral, pictures, and selection options to allow the prospect or customer flexibility to get exactly what they want. We've used other systems but they had poor ability to include pictures, collateral, and selection options.
- Quotewerks does the best job I have seen in obtaining pricing quickly from your vendors (your price, not an anonymous user's price) and feeding it to you so you can select the most profitable vendor.
- You can send quotes via email that are clickable (sort of like docusign, but not as fancy). This also works for mobile devices.
- You can prepare quotes that can be accepted on your table or mobile device that you as the salesperson takes with you.
- User interface is a little clunky and old school menu driven.
- Functionality can be hard to find if you don't already know where to look.
- It doesn't integrate with many accounting systems - Sage 50, Quickbooks and that's about it.
It's not good at pricing inquiries for other types of business, although you could still build up your own database. If you need a CRM, this is not really quite it. It doesn't have marketing support and customer management support. It does link to Autotask and ConnectWise so that provides the customer management side, but still, no marketing support.
- Quotevalet online review and acceptance is great, paper is dead!
- Being able to do recurring item quotes is awesome!
- Having peer reviews has saved a lot of email chatter and extra time.
- Can be a little slow.
- Interface is a bit dated.
- Can be a little unstable.
- Unique line attributes, such as "print line" can be selected and changed to "Do Not Print" to help keep some items off of invoices that are issued to clients.
- Lines from a quote can be discarded (but remain viewable within the quote) and are not transferred to our accounting software.
- Cost modifiers and price modifiers help to achieve the goal you're needing for resale margin and also to help best match complicated purchase deals that a vendor may provide with challenging discounts (discount of 32.7% off of list). This is simple algebra, but when you take into consideration that you may have 1,000 lines in a purchase, the automation is critical to being able to operate efficiently.
- More improved functionality/integration with Accounting Software to help ensure that all features utilized by QuoteWerks can be recognized by the accounting software. Meets sales teams needs, but not always helpful with translating to Accounting needs to fulfill the end-goal that was established at the time the deal being agreed to.
- The ability to select multiple lines/columns (unique cell or group selection) and utilize the copy/paste feature just as though you were working within Excel. Example: Selecting 30 cells within the vendor column and being able to quickly paste to all cells selected at one time.
- It would be great their was more capability with the quote PDF selection when sending quotes or POs that would allow a user to select additional previously prepared items to include or not include when finalizing either item. Example: Selecting a master agreement that is tailored specifically to the type of sale transaction being presented (services, product resale, projects) based on a checkbox of options selected. QuoteWerks has some of this, but it's not as user-friendly as it could be. I'm sure this is something that the next version of QuoteWerks is going to be utilizing.
The key issue was the quick and timely production of quotations on a consistent price list, together with a look and feel for these quotations (able to be dropped into pdf) and the integration with at the time our GoldMine system, thus ensuring Sales Opportunities were created. Because of this ease, we have also recommended and resold Quotewerks to many of our own Clients, some of whom are on ACT! or GoldMine. The beauty is it works with multiple CRM systems or on its own.
- Fast Quotation from a standard xls imported price list, meaning easy and quick to update.
- Easy template design with ability to add product spec, and extra terms and conditions etc.
- Most importantly, its output documents are easy to read for clients and to send back to us.
- Big saving in time, I can check anyone else quotes, amend these if need be (e.g if on holiday) and update Quotewerks quotes from within the CRM system
- We also generate purchase orders out to our core suppliers on the back of an accepted quote, again being able to store the information easily
- Now we've added the Quotevalet add-on this has helped improve our conversion and more importantly speed of conversion whilst saving us countless hours in not having to chase a quote until the client opens it...a game changer in sales!
- Finally, its pretty cost effective as its works on number of licences don't need to match your CRM Licence count and you can trial it first.
- Probably just interface could do with updating, and perhaps making it easier to customise to make it simpler to use; it's sometimes its a bit confusing when you start or untill you've had some training
- Ideally, would like it to link to more CRM systems such as SAGE CRM.
- Linking of the conversion link to also show the attached pdf, certainly in GoldMine this needs to be done manually, although its automatic that the quotation file is linked....a minor thing perhaps?
The vendor has always been very helpful to us when we have come across or suggested an improvement, especially when they can see the commercial benefit and it makes sense, we found they actually dropped into the next build within 60 days.
Without blowing my own trumpet, we found needed some advice prior to installing it to ensure it's a good fit and client understands how to use it....we recommend a trial or webdemo or both just to help out users to understand and appreciate it. The key in my view, is a 'quick win' so for easy products or regular product quotes before getting carried away by say the bundles or configurable items or other more complex customisation requirements.
As they say, it does what it says it does "on the tin"; fast, easy and professional quotations.
Review: "QuoteWerks is simple to use and has more capabilities than we could ever use - You can quote me on that"
Quotewerks is a very sophisticated and highly capable program with more functionality and features than any one company would ever need. In addition the publisher is constantly adding new features and capabilities. Although you may not use it all, it’s nice to know it's all there. As our business has grown our quoting and proposal needs have become increasingly more sophisticated and we were able to utilize more of QW capabilities. We now use QuoteWerks features in ways that we could not have anticipated or envisioned even a few years ago. Our needs for a highly capable quoting software package were driven by the diverse nature of the products we sell which includes finished goods, bulk and raw components. Eight years ago when we started with QW we were delighted to have a piece of software that would be enable us to pull in contact and account information from our CRM thereby eliminating retyping of the contacts account shipping and billing address.
Today we use QW’s tight and seamless two way integration with Salesforce.com not only to virtual eliminates redundant data entry as every field in SFDC can easily linked to a QW field. In addition QW is an integral part of our sales business process whereby quote information including pricing pipeline and opportunity is automatically uploaded to Salesforce. This makes for very simply data mining and reporting from within salesforce to determine which products are most successful with which customer segments and enable us to more effectively establish pricing guidelines. The pricing approval process can then be used to monitor and enforce the pricing guidelines. We have recently started to adopt features that I never thought we would need such as the configurator to guide reps through complex quotes with multiple complex components and options.
It is simple enough that new users can start producing basic quotes quickly and accurately. While experienced reps are able to easily produce sophisticated quotes, proposals and order confirmations. We have been able to adapt QuoteWerks to create and track sample requests and technical samples. The major shortcoming of the program is its lack of a web version which is expected in 2016. It requires a server and synching remote data over our VPN. I am looking forward to dumping that arcane architecture and being able to use it as a SAS solution. However, the server based solution is a fraction of the costs of most SAS quoting solutions so I am not in too big a rush to change. For now it works well for us but there will come a day in the not too distant future where we will need to move to a SAS solution it would be great if the web version of QW is ready by then as I would like to stick with Aspire they have great tech service when needed.
- Tight seemless intergration with Salesforce.com which eliminates the need for retyping accounts and enables quoted products to be added directly to the rep's pipline reports in Salesforce
- Really easy to make build templates to fit almost any business situation. A recent improvement is the ability to build quote templates in MS Word is is much simpler to deal with than the clunky template maker in QW
- Lengthy list of features and capabilities which the publisher is constantly expanding
- Great Customer service and support - Even though it is not required you really should maintain your annual update maintenance.
- QuoteWerks is a one-time purchase product, not subscription based.
- There is much room for improvement in setting up new users and transferring QW from one computer to another. You have to call QW and get a seed number which can at times be a hassel for a California based business because QW support works 9 to 5 Eastern Standard - A little extra time in the afternoon would be much appreciated
- The pricing for Quote valet combined with the cost for annual update maintenance puts it in the price range of web based subscription programs
- The program needs to run on a users computer and therefore when there is a computer problem the rep can't quote - As noted above it is a hassle to set up new users or transfer the program. This shortcoming is a serious one and made us consider a web based quoting solution. However, as of this date none of them offer the functionality of QW. However, the technology is moving fast and I will continue to look for the day when I am not dependent on an individual machine.
- Organize product data, costing, pricing and images in one central location
- Quickly prepare and disseminate quotes
- Time saved is redirected to other business management activities
- Interface with Act! CRM keeps quotes organized by customer
- Tech support is excellent for the few times I have had to contact them
- None that cross my mind
- Determines the different costs of our products based on the customers use
- Allows for multiple subtotals so that our customers can decide between 1, 2 or 3 different products and totals to decide from
- Inserts cost of tax for different counties in our area
- It can be slow and shuts down often
- Slow when connecting it to our email program (Outlook)
- Difficult to search for products within the catalog, you can't just type in a letter and have the program bring you to that group of products that start with that letter
- The QuoteValet service is an excellent and easy to use online quote/purchase acceptance system.
- The real-time pricing and order integration with the large distributors saves me hours of work every week.
- The ability to create customized proposals in Word format and then automatically merge with customer information allows us to create professional proposals, even when quoting small jobs.
- The purchase order workflow integration (we also use QuickBooks and Autotask) could be better.
- Quote Templates are huge time saver!
- The ease of preparing and updating/revising quotes means that all staff can do their jobs and take care of the customer better.
- Faster quoting allows you to be more responsive and sends a positive professional impression.
- We'd like to see more functionality in QuoteValet.
- The report writing features have limits, so you may wish to use an industry reporting solution such as Crystal Reports.
- QW produces a very "finished" looking quote to the end customer.
- It allows everyone in the organization to have access to each others quotes for consistency.
- Because QW integrates with our CRM (ACT! 2016), we are able to better track our opportunities and follow up on open leads.
- The data structure that is required to set up the "price books" behind the scenes is a little cumbersome until you learn how to do it and practice.
- The sync function for the data is sometimes a little slow in the Standard and Professional editions because of the Access back-end. The Corporate edition uses a MS SQL back-end and is better.
Act!, QuoteWerks and QuickBooks.
Remove any one of those and our process would not stand - but QuoteWerks is really the bridge between everything we've sold and everyone we've sold to.
QuoteWerks is used daily at Team Uptime to produce the quotes our clients must have to make their purchase, and the invoices we must submit to make our commitments! The Product List in QuoteWerks is where and how we organize our various services and product details including cost, supplier and referential items.
Our business is primarily delivering Contact Management solutions with Act! and QuoteWerks has always provided super-easy, seamless integration with zero data input redundancies. We have in the past worked with QuoteWerks customers not also using Act!, but in our experience it is the combination of both that is so simple yet so powerful.
* Because of QuoteWerks our contact details are much more valuable and complete in Act! since they include each contact's accurate sales history.
We use QuickBooks for our accounting, but prefer the invoices that QuoteWerks generates right from the quotes already prepared.
* Because of QuoteWerks, our customers can process our invoice sooner since the invoice received matches the same format as the quote they'd signed off.
Then there is the matter of time. From working manually in Excel, Word to other products, alternative sales quoting methods always exist. Some may be more intensive, some less, but QuoteWerks is perfectly designed to produce the best results within not only the most efficient use of our time, but our customers too. I started this company 28 years ago and have learned that often the most effective way to closing a sale is to respond immediately to the customer's need.
* Because of QuoteWerks, we can generate and send a complete custom quote in under 10 minutes. This results in time to provide better customer service and deliver more quotes - enabling us to live more successful, effective lives.
- Create/maintain a product list with full details on the items and services you sell. This product list can be imported from Excel or accessed live and online from suppliers.
- Integrates with Act! and other contact managers so you simply select your contact then build their quote from the product list. With Act! integration, the full details of the Sales Opportunity are loaded automatically, and you are prompted to schedule the followup activities too.
- Designing, printing, then presenting an extremely professional looking quote is effortless, with options for delivery by email and/or electronically for online review and approval.
- Organizing the quotes for your contacts are very easy too, with straight-forward approach to revisions and status of review/approval. QuoteWerks developers went to great lengths to ensure salespeople know all that has been quoted to a customer, the quoted price history for this item to this customer or others, and easily referencing all the supporting product literature details.
- The recently introduced Dashboard provides an effective summary of Quotes, Orders and Recent Documents for the user. We look forward to managers also being able to see the status of quotes other QuoteWerks users have been working on.
- There are so many features to QuoteWerks, including so many ways to deploy. I would like to see a simpler SQL back-end or web-based interface to complement the already easy network and remote user configurations
My strongest recommendation for anyone considering QuoteWerks for their company is to work with an experienced provider. A manager can not make demands of his staff until the tools are ready to use, and with many, many options to a QuoteWerks implementation only experience and a commitment to understanding customer will see this through.
- Quotewerks is very simple to use and allows you to customize your quotes to fit your current organization.
- Integration with well known CRM programs like Autotast, ACT, Connectwise, and Salesforce saves time when creating new quotes for current customers
- The ability to have current pricing on the fly with Quotewerks Real-time Data Module makes it even easier to spend more time selling, and less time creating quotes and researching current costs.
- One area where Quotewerks is lacking a bit is in the standard quote format. While this can be modified, modifications are not simple and are a bit time consuming.
- Sometimes the Real-time data module can be a bit finicky and needs maintenance from time to time
- Integration at times isn't exactly seamless with certain CRM programs, and initial setup can take time to fully flush out.
- Holding Product and Price Lists which are integrated into our website so there's just one place to manage this information
- Effectively managing the quote, order and invoice processes and retaining easily accessible history
- Tight, seamless integration with Swiftpage ACT! contact management and Sage 50 Accounts for a smooth transition of data
- Highly flexible which has allowed us as consultants to successfully implement QuoteWerks into many different business types
- Clients are increasingly asking about a cloud-based / SaaS version
- As a developer, the ability to modify screens (add and move fields around) would be great (but I realise incredibly difficult to implement!!!)
- I am struggling, but one other piece of feedback from prospective clients is that it could do with a face lift. While functionally rich and very stable, admittedly the UI is a little tired.
- Allows us to know exactly when clients are looking at the quote. This gives us an insight into how often the quote has been reviewed (if at all!) and alerts us to expired quote views. This tells us that the client is back in buying mode!
- Our presentation of quotes is extremely professional. All our quotes contain upsell options and allows the client to increase their order value with us.
- Integration with Sage50 streamlines our business process from Sales to Finance. This removes duplication of data and potential of introducing error.
- Anyone in the business, instantly, can review quote activity and run with a quote if the original person that built the quote is away.
- Despite being able to deploy QuoteWerks through tools such as Terminal Services and Citrix XenApp there is no native cloud app.
- We have lots of control of client facing documents but being able to make key words bold/underline/italic (Rich Text) would be a useful addition.
- Being able to self-host and have more control over QuoteValet data would allow us to interrogate our client activity even further.
- User-friendly interface.
- Great integration with ConnectWise.
- Integrates well with VARs like Ingram-Micro and Synnex to pull pricing and availability right to your quote.
- Integrates well with finance applications like QuickBooks and Peachtree.
- The application can crash here and there when you try to pull up a quote for a client that you have historically created a lot of quotes for.
- Storing and retrieving a list of the organizations I do quotes for on a regular basis
- Storing previous quotes/orders and the ability to find them
- Customizing the print forms to exactly what you want to convey to your customers
- I had to climb a steep learning curve with QW to learn to customize the product database and the form editor
- The version I use (4.0) crashes at least once a week and sometimes the PDF printer locks up
QuoteWerks Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
QuoteWerks is specialized Configuration Pricing Quoting (CPQ) software that can be used in every industry to create sales quotes and proposals. The vendor’s value proposition is that rather than relying on Microsoft Word or Excel to create quotes, users can benefit from a tool that is specialized for the task of creating quotes and proposals.
QuoteWerks integrates with the user's existing CRM software and distributors. With QuoteWerks users can also submit orders electronically to their vendors and receive an order status with shipping tracking numbers, serial numbers and more.
QuoteWerks Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
QuoteWerks Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Mobile Web|