Overall Satisfaction with RedCarpet
RedCarpet is being used mainly for onboarding purposes. A new hire flows into RedCarpet from OpenHire (SilkRoad's Recruiting system) and is entered into an onboarding event. The entire organization uses it in various ways, whether it is a new hire going through the event, an IT tech installing software for the new hire, or a manager assigning tasks. It addressed the problem that we faced of an unorganized and inconsistent onboarding process for new hires. With RedCarpet, we have a systematic workflow with reminders and tasks sent out to ensure that all new hires receive a similar experience and are properly informed. It also helped us eliminate paper forms for onboarding and move to a full electronic process with e-forms.
- Workflow Setup is very easy to do. Follow simple instructions to set up tasks to be assigned to various personnel and/or teams. It is easy to edit the workflow later as well if you want to make changes.
- The portal is very user friendly and visually appealing. I believe the portals in RedCarpet are the best part of any SilkRoad product. You can really do anything in the portal, and it creates a great interface for new hires to interact with and learn about the company and access documents.
- Ability to use it for other purposes beyond onboarding. We have a workflow for Offboarding terminated employees. We also have a one for other employee changes. You can use RedCarpet for anything where a workflow is necessary, which makes it very useful for an HR department.
- Ability to play vidoes and display many media types. The portal is wonderful because it is very interactive. I can place videos in the portal, or link to videos outside of the site on outside website, like our company page for example.
- E-verify in RedCarpet. We no longer need to manually complete I9 forms and submit them ourselves at everify online. We now just complete them electronically in RedCarpet, and they are automatically submitted to E-Verify once the form is completed.
- Forms Library - we can store all company documents and policies for associates to access
- I am working with them right now to clarify some issues with E-Verify. While we love how it functions, we are curious as to how to access already verified cases online. Or what would happen if we were to ever move away from RedCarpet...how can we access our e-verify data? Currently, they do not have an answer to this. An area of improvement would be providing us with the login information to access whatever they are sending to e-verify in case we ever need to access it ourselves.
- Cost for changes and E-forms. They will try and charge for everything possible after going live, so make sure you get as much done during implementation as possible. E-forms (typically about $500 for extra ones) can get costly, so try to think of ways to combine forms. For example, we created a multiple acknowledgement form so the associate only signs one e-form, but reviews about 8 PDF policies. This helped cut costs drastically.
- RedCarpet cannot differentiate between week days and weekends. This can get frustrating because it will send reminders and emails out over the weekend, so an employee could return to their desk on Monday with a bunch of reminders that piled up over the weekend. They should improve it to recognize not to send out tasks over the weekend.
- Increased knowledge of who works here. It may sound simple, but it was difficult for new employees to get to know their co-workers or even meet them sometimes as everyone gets so busy and simple introductions tend to get tossed aside. Through assigning tasks in RedCarpet we ensure that a new employee is introduced to their team and others and provide them with a workflow of tasks to get situated in their new role. Other employees are informed of the new hire and their role, and often go introduce themselves. It created a much better and more positive experience for the new hire.
- Environmental Sustainability! We no longer use any paper when bringing on a new employee. We had a 130 page orientation packet which has been converted to e-forms in RedCarpet, saving us money and helping protect the environment.
- Increased efficiency. With a systematic workflow in place sending out email notifications, we now have a consistent process for onboarding, offboarding, and other employee changes. No longer are we waiting for others or stuck unaware of what needs to be done. We can log into RedCarpet and immediately know what needs to be done and what is causing a delay if one exists.
If your main goal is to develop consistency in your processes, RedCarpet is a huge help. However, if you have employees who are less honest, it could pose a problem. For example, it would be very easy for an employee to indicate he/she completed tasks in the system without actually doing them. You have to ensure that tasks are actually getting done, not just being marked complete in the system to remove them from people's to-do list.