Capable but less intuitive
February 20, 2016
Capable but less intuitive
SAP CRM Senior Consultant
CognizantInformation Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees
Score 6 out of 10
SAP CRM (legacy editions)
- SAP CRM Sales
- SAP CRM Web Channel
Overall Satisfaction with SAP Sales Cloud
SAP CRM is being used by some of the clients of my organization which is a services consulting company. These clients have implemented SAP CRM for multiple purposes - business order to cash cycles, web ecommerce, digital marketing, service support etc.
- Simple Order Management - Creation and seamless integration with ECC (for a business with low volume transactions).
- One-order concept makes it very easy to learn and implement compared to other complicated SAP modules.
- Customer specific pricing easy to handle and implement especially in WebChannel.
- Since it is more of a front-ending tool for Business, the backend integration with SAP SD modules should be more seamless especially with the high volume of transactions.
- Should at least support inventory management or a better integration with SD ATP or allocation check instead of only depending on SAP SD or other modules for order creation/management.
- Product catalog replication and management is complicated and tedious, some way to make it more user-friendly would definitely be appreciated by business users who are not as tech-loving.
- As I see from my client's engagement, better customer service indeed with the Service Module.
- Also decent order management (simple processes) and easy to customize.
- It still comes across as an add-on product to the existing SAP suite for a business and not as a fully independently functioning application for sales/service areas.
- Ease of Use - SAP CRM is not as intuitive compared to Salesforce when it comes to screen flows or basic functionalities.
- Marketing/Campaigns - SAP CRM compares better due to more capabilities and better integration with backend systems.
- Salesforce has more generic UI and processes whereas SAP is more catered to the manufacturing or production Industry.
Overall it is a great addition to SAP's suite of applications. It was amazing when I started working on it as compared to Siebel etc. However compared to Salesforce or Hybris, I find it slightly less user-friendly and more complicated to implement the smallest of features for functional consultants. However, at the same time there are features that are well suited for large organizations and best industry practices especially catering to manufacturing firms. With improvising of the cloud offerings, it could definitely gain over the other simpler CRM ERPs.
SAP Sales Cloud Feature Ratings
Customer data management / contact management
Integration with email client (e.g., Outlook or Gmail)
Quote & order management
Channel / partner relationship management
Call center management
Help desk management
Billing and invoicing management
API for custom integration
Role-based user permissions
Single sign-on capability