Getting it done in real time
December 07, 2020
Getting it done in real time
Score 9 out of 10
SAP HANA, enterprise edition
Overall Satisfaction with SAP HANA
My company purchased SAP HANA to help bring our entire International organization under one roof, so to speak. It is an on going process that has taken two plus years and will continue to grow as we add more divisions. Due to the Pandemic we have not been adding any divisions but it is still in the works. Meanwhile, we use it every day.
- SAP is able to include other software like LCR Dixon, for example.
- It has brought us closer to our International offices.
- SAP has been simple to convert and learn. User friendly.
- Getting information uploaded to the master data has been long and difficult.
- The security for who has rights to certain processes is very tight.
- The password protection is also very tight but can be joined with your log in info.
- This has created more opportunities to do more analysis due to the time saved collecting info from different departments.
- It has allowed employees to free up more of their time for other projects.
- It has also saved the company money over time because we don't need any additional contractors to assist with projects that the team can now handle.
SAP HANA has shown its ability to facilitate real-time analytics at any time during the month which allows us to create reports in real time and therefore giving us the time to analyze and if need be make changes to our organization at any time. I use it to run Accrued tax reports which I can reconcile in real time and compare G/L balances with A/P balances.
I haven't been privy to the JSON document store but others on my team have. They are able to use Vertex O Series to maintain Exemption certificates in SAP as well as run reports in real time which assits them in retrieving Exemption Certificates from companies whose certificates have expired. This has been a real show stopper.
ORACLE, Vertex O and Vertex Indirect Tax, and JD Edwards are a few of the other products we use because they can be integrated into SAP HANA with ease. This is one of the reasons we got SAP HANA. It is compatible with other products but we are trying to bring the divisions that still use Oracle into the SAP family.
We have an excellent IT staff that has been trained by the support reps at SAP. They were very important in setting up the product and assisting in the training classes set up for every employee in the company. We still go through our IT department to put in tickets for any problems we have with SAP but the problems are usually corrected within the hour.
Do you think SAP HANA Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SAP HANA Cloud's feature set?
Did SAP HANA Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SAP HANA Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy SAP HANA Cloud again?
For me, I love how SAP allows me to create reports from data that has been entered from several different departments, making it easier for end of the month reporting and audits. What took several days in the past to create can be done in only minutes which leaves more time for analysis.