Overall Satisfaction with SAS Business Intelligence
SAS Business Intelligence is being used primarily in our Research and Analytics departments to evaluate program changes that we might make going forward. It really is only used by a few departments by company employees who are considered subject matter experts. Other departments use the outputs that we generate to make their business decisions. Another major use is for math intensive tasks.
- I use SAS daily to not only analyze data, producing reports and other outputs, but also to replicate our entire financial system to verify/duplicate calculations.
- Using SAS we are able to duplicate all business logic and system calculations on our local desktop.
- When there is odd behavior (a bug) in our financial calculations my SAS programs, which are entirely external to our core system, are often used to help identify what/where the problems occurred.
- The cost for SAS Business Intelligence con prove to be a little bit prohibitive.
- The training for SAS Business Intelligence is often difficult to arrange and has often been canceled due to not enough people enrolled.
- Support at Universities used to be limited but I hear that this is changing.