Sauce Labs Review 14 of 109
Sauce Labs Review: "Effective"
https://www.trustradius.com/functional-testingSauce LabsUnspecified8194101
Michael Chang profile photo
July 06, 2018

Sauce Labs Review: "Effective"

Score 10 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Sauce Labs

I have recommended Sauce to several clients I supported as a consultant of test automation services. It solves the problem of streamlining mobile automation results in a timely fashion. The Sauce Labs platform affords users the ability to execute a variety of test suites on multiple devices, even in parallel. Clients I have talked to want results more quickly during each development sprint.
  • Real device cloud is a much needed feature, and Sauce delivers.
  • We are in the process of evaluating Sauce Labs for real device testing.
  • The biggest strength of Sauce Labs is very easy to configure.
  • Many time performance of the execution is really slow, especially when connected with Sauce Connect.
  • need to support video playback on
  • No real device cloud access for open source projects.
  • Eliminate testing as a bottleneck
  • Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage
For at least one client I have worked with several of the above outcomes were achieved. Eliminating testing as a bottleneck is a primary winner in my experience. Sauce can give developers feedback more quickly than usual, and allow more opportunities for utilizing a red-green feedback loop. Having ample device coverage is obviously a plus, if not a recommended requirement. One client initially had to have over 50 devices on hand and Sauce helped alleviate needing so many. This was before the real device cloud launched. The above achievements allowed several projects to run as an agile project cycle, instead of the norm.
I would be interested in learning more about these implementations. While not in financial services, we do have heavily audited applications that may benefit from any new [security and compliance] features.
Sauce Labs has allowed my team to implement automated testing into our pipeline that would not have been possible without Sauce Labs.
We extensively use Sauce Connect for all of our automated testing. We have had many struggles with the proxy servers and configuring the PAC files to enable us to access our internal test environments as well as our external facing test environments. It's been a constant struggle for us to maintain this PAC file as new sites come online.
We have not conducted an evaluation of other products to potentially switch to. We are looking to go to a hybrid model of internal docker images and Sauce Labs.
  • Eliminate testing as a bottleneck
  • Improve quality by increasing browser/OS/device coverage
  • Move from waterfall to agile methodology