Scale for redundancyhttps://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-02-19T20:25:24.777Z
February 19, 2019
Scale for redundancy
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We use Scale at Royal ISD. We have over 25 Virtual Servers that are Windows and Linux based. It is used by teachers and administrators in the district and is maintained by our IT department. It has helped with storage and redundancy as we have three in a cluster. It has allowed us to get rid of many old pieces of equipment to free up rack space.
- Creating virtual machines is very fast.
- Moving machines if one node goes down is quick. We know this as we have shut down one node for testing to see how fast it was, and we were not disappointed.
- IO reads are incredibly fast!
- Being able to use kvm virtual machines would be nice to import. We currently use Aruba cCearpass and have to have this on a Windows-based server Hyper V, as Scale does not support kvm.
All of our SQL servers and Domain Controllers are on Scale. Never have we had an issue where speed or performance is a problem. Our security cameras are all on Scale as well, and we have over 250 cameras in the district that perform flawlessly.
- Scale has allowed us to free up rack space.
- Storage is awesome and redundancy is always a plus.