Make it easy on yourself.https://www.trustradius.com/hyper-converged-infrastructureScale Computing HC3Unspecified9.72411012019-02-19T21:08:07.628Z
February 19, 2019
Make it easy on yourself.
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Scale Computing HC3
We have modernized our entire system's infrastructure using Scale HC3. It was a very easy and straightforward transition thanks to Scale. The hardware came in as scheduled, the techs walked me through all different steps of the set-up, and I was up and running in a matter of hours. It then allowed me to focus on the virtualization and the upgrade of my internal systems. Their GUI web-based interface is brilliant in ease of use. I'm not certain of the amount of custom controls that would be available for highly customized solutions, but it's the perfect plug-and-play set-up.
- Plug-and-play. Web-based GUI makes for extremely easy management and dynamic configuration.
- Fast. The hardware works for you with very little overhead to run the hypervisor.
- Budget. Great quality/price for infrastructure requiring strong performance relative to company size.
- Linux Scripting. Define standard procedures to adapt normal installation scripts to the hypervisor disk and virtual hardware settings.
- VM Snapshots Automatic Export. The VM Snapshots feature is incredibly easy and an ideal backup solution, but it doesn't come with an automatic export feature unless to a different HC3 Cluster.
They walked me through the first set-up and they responded to any support request promptly and efficiently, without insulting my intelligence as an IT professional but willing to assist whenever needed. The troubleshooting steps provided in the tickets are actually read by the tech and we can move forward quickly to a viable solution.
We have run multi-server dependent applications with a very high level of performance while also maintaining a solid performance on all mission-critical domain services. Setting-up a complex (high degree of resources interdependence) but straightforward environment (windows and linux based OS standardized deployments) is easy and very efficient. Performance and performance monitoring are both very solid.
- Maintenance time/costs. Scale has reduced maintenance costs to almost nothing with live upgrades, and is as simple as the click of a button. Resiliency in issues with external hardware (networking, ...) have made all of our services available with no downtime since the install.
- Flexibility and scalability. The ability for us to create virtual environments to quickly develop and run projects at basically no costs in a matter of minutes. The high degree of configuration for virtual devices has enabled us to completely set-up test environments mirroring our live environment in minutes to test the impact of changes.
- Resiliency. Doubling everything is a big break on trying to come up with resilient solutions and maintaining a live environment around the clock.