Overall Satisfaction with Schoology
We are currently using Schoology across the school district. We use it for virtual school, online professional development and blending learning in the physical classrooms. It helps classroom teachers reach each student individually in a more effective manner and allows their classrooms to be student-centered with the students working and creating the products to demonstrate their learning. Our department has created several online professional development opportunities to relay information across the district efficiently. This would not be possible without running a platform like Schoology.
- Easy to use blended and online learning solution
- Second to none customer service
- Remains current and relevant with trends in online learning
- LTI integration with many different programs such as a lockdown browser or other educational software
- Providing communities for educators to connect and collaborate
- Allows adding standards to content for great object analysis of student growth
- Device agnostic
- Adding additional question types besides the standard fare
- Not all state standards have been added to the platform to align with content
- Increased efficiency and use of technology in the classroom
- Students are experiencing more hands on learning and taking ownership of their content
- Teachers are excited to collaborate on lesson plans together
- Blackboard, Canvas, Edmodo, Moodle and Google Classroom
I've chosen Schoology as a learning management system due to its enormous complexity paired with equal simplicity. Schoology can do what other more complicated systems can do, but it is far easier to create and manage. I've used a few different systems in my years as a student and educator, but none seem to have catch on as easily as Schoology. Educators and students have thoroughly enjoyed our recent transition from Moodle to Schoology which has caused our LMS usage to skyrocket since the change.
Schoology is well suited to any organization currently using a learning management system or looking to implement one for the first time. They will work with you every step of the way whether it is beginning with transferring content from an old system or getting started with training and assisting teachers with creating content for the first time. They rise to the occasion if any problem shows, and I've not seen customer service this great with any other program I've ever used.