April 26, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
- Audience Manager
- Smart Target
- Experience Manager
Overall Satisfaction with SDL Tridion
Tahzoo are premier implementors of SDL Tridion. Our clients have complex and unique Content Management problems and SDL Tridion solves that. The blueprinting feature allows complete reuse of content and templates between web site. It is unique to SDL Tridion. There are also many other modules which comes with SDL Tridion that allows organizations to personalize content to specific users on web sites as well.
- Blueprinting and reuse of content
- The front end or delivery application can be .net, java or php.
- Personalization of content.
- Image repository/manipulation within the system.
- Experience manager can be improved on.
- Content porting between publications is not possible.
- Less need for technical staff to update websites
- Increased employee efficiency in launching new sites.
- Empowerment of business users to update content on their websites themselves.
Adobe CQ is SDL Tridion main competitor. Sitecore is designed for smaller companys. Adobe CQ is all java and thus has limitations. Sitecore is also all .net and has limitations. Both use a dynamic model and everything is compiled at runtime. SDL Tridion can be published in a number of different ways and can be published statically.
SDL Tridion is very useful for large corporation which have a number of different websites under their umbrella. They may have many small websites which may need some content from the main site. With the blueprinting model, this is easily achieved. It is also good for translations and multilingual websites since the same blueprinting principle applies.
Using SDL Tridion
I believe SDL Tridion is the best CMS product out there currently. Every CMS has its problems and strengths but SDL Tridion overall seems like the best solution for large enterprise corporations. The fact that it can be implemented in java or .net makes it attractive to many clients.