Tridion was used to support a former client, we assisted implement and manage their CMS platform. Their challenges were managing a content hierarchy, preview/publish content targets and needing support for a technical solution integrating various technologies.
- Tridion gives you full capability to build content pages through the use of their component sections that can be used as a building block approach.
- The publishing pipelines were very effective when dealing with various environments of dev, qa, staging and production.
- I found the internal newsletter management to be very helpful to customer and engagement outreach right within the CMS platform.
- I thought the upgrade process was a little involved going from one major version to another.
- Additional Cookbooks could also improve implementation and development of the later versions of the CMS
- Tridion allowed our client the ability to Multivariate test/personalize the web experience which was hugely effective for donations and memebership
Tridion again seemed to be more enterprise level then EpiServer, EpiServer allowed for faster ramp up time of a intuitive .NET framework, but Tridion seemed to have more tools and overall functionality once the CMS was customized towards the needs of the customer.
This is a fair rating for accessing an organizations needs based on a renewal of the license fee, upgrades, ect.
Tridion is a true enterprise CMS, if your organization is well suited for the cost and the ability to capitalize on managed content and make use of the various tools available then its a great investment. Key questions would be size of organization, budget, licenses, etc.