Overall Satisfaction with ShipStation
We have been using Shipstation for 6 years. Orders flow from our webstore into Shipstation. They ship via a selected carrier and Shipstation sends out the tracking emails, and sends the tracking information back to our store. Our primary use of Shipstation is for the International Shipping options. All of the UPS export documentation is easily accomplished in Shipstation without duplicate entries. All shipping is being done thru Shipstation with the exception of Truck Freight.
- Export Documentation. HUGE timesaver over having to hand enter the export info within UPS Worldship.
- Multi Carrier Pricing Options are easily compared.
- WHEN it is functioning properly it works great.
- For years users have requested UPS End of Day Report for Driver to Scan. Shipstation Refuses to offer this and it means that Claims with the carrier are next to impossible to process as there is no PROOF the carrier received your package.
- Customer Service is Seriously Lacking within the last 6-12 months. Repeated outages, problems, and their front-tier support has no insight as to how long the system will be down. Poor Response times for even the most basic of issues such as error logs so our cart can troubleshoot from their end.
- The Status Page is inaccurate. 5 of the last 6 times when we had major issues their status page shows as 100%. Not a reliable gauge of up-time.
- Historically it has been a time saver in the warehouse.
- Currently it is a net negative when orders cannot be processed and no one can tell you when things will be addressed.
- If reliability can be returned to the system, it will likely be a net positive. Big IF.
As mentioned we use Shipstation for the international documentation benefits to ship via UPS. Definitely a better option than our own cart's native shipping software.
Do you think ShipStation delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ShipStation's feature set?
Did ShipStation live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ShipStation go as expected?
Would you buy ShipStation again?
Great when it works. The huge downside when it doesn't if you do not have contingency plans in place. Do not expect timely updates to issues, and you will likely never be able to speak with a human for tech support. A good option for International Shippers in that it streamlines the export documentation when it is working.