https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/LS/qv/PP5R27X0T16Z.JPEGShipStation makes shipping easyShipStation is the main shipping software for our entire business. All of our orders—from multiple channels—flow into ShipStation, which is tied to all of our carrier accounts. It is our one-stop shop when it comes to all things shipping.,Great USPS rates Integrates with all major carriers (others don't) and e-commerce stores Customizable email templates and tracking pages The clean, customizable dashboard makes organizing easy Custom store/marketplace integrations,Needs barcode scanning to help reduce picking and packing errors The Products and Customers sections aren't easy to edit and require us to use workarounds User permissions aren't very granular and give too much access sometimes ShipStation v3 Beta hides quote options in menus now, making it harder to get quotes fast Alerts are weak, not customizable and can be easily missed,8,Reduced shipping costs with the ability to compare rates across multiple carriers. Cut back on customer service time with timely email confirmations to customers. Gave us more insight into our shipping analytics.,ordoro,BigCommerceShipStation User ReviewWe use ShipStation in our shipping department to send out our orders. It is very helpful in organizing our orders from our inventory management system. The orders flow from the ERP system to ShipStation and once the orders are shipped the tracking information goes back to the ERP system and ShipStation sends an email to the customer. The customer data is imported for us, so typing of addresses unless there needs to be a manual adjustment from time to time.,Order Management Compares rates between all our carriers Integration with our ERP,Equipment/Hardware Issues Status Page (showing downtime) Not Always Accurate,8,It saves a lot of time being able to import the customer data. It saves us money by finding us the best rate (e.g. when we offer free shipping on orders). It can save data such as your most common box sizes.,Brightpearl, BigCommerce, Rackspace Cloud HostingShipStation -- a good solution for a first growth to multiple warehousesWe ship approximately 7000 e-commerce packages a week and needed a shipping tool that was cloud-based, so we could ship from multiple warehouses. ShipStation provides an inexpensive solution that has some tools that the bigger more expensive solutions have without the expense and coding. It works well with ChannelAdvisor, Amazon, Amazon PRIME, eBay, and BigCommerce.,A good cloud-based system for multi-warehouse transfers. Multi-use carriers, so we can shop rates. Filters, tags, and automation rules to make choices limited. Great customer service. We have over 40 users logged in, and no slow downs.,It does not shop the best rates for you. It's only as automated as you can make a singular line of rules. It does not branch for automation rules. This is not its fault, but it is only as good as the data coming in. If you don't have dimensions already, it does not average sizes within an SKU.,7,Positive impact: now we can communicate across warehouses. Positive impact: it allows for multiple waves of shipping throughout the day and keeps first in, first out. Positive impact on finances because less technology is used to communicate with warehouses in other locations.,,ChannelAdvisor, BigCommerceAn Absolute Necessity for Multi-Channel eCommerceShipStation streamlines our shipping process, we also connect an API to ShipStation to import orders into our somewhat ancient warehouse and accounting software. We have multiple selling channels, and are always looking to add more, and that's not a concern with ShipStation, which to the best of my knowledge has integrated with every single selling channel I've ever used. The API we use is very specific to our business, as I mentioned we use an ancient, jack of all trades warehouse/accounting software, and it can be a difficult fit for eCommerce, but we've made it work using the API, in that manner ShipStation has been very flexible.,Customer service is always very important to me; I've never had any issues getting a question answered via live chat, which is super convenient when I'm working, and can't budget time to be on the phone AND working. The search in ShipStation is pretty robust, it's fairly easy to find an order using pretty much any bit of information from an eBay user name to first or last name. I've never had trouble finding an order when I need. I like that I can save custom exports in ShipStation that help me determine my average cost of shipping, which helps me be more competitive with pricing. I just search an item number, sort by quantity, export, and I have a custom "cost of shipping" export that I just run through excel and get my average. ShipStation features a shipping calculator, right there, super convenient in the header. You'd be surprised to find that it's really difficult to find a good shipping calculator online, so it's nice to have it here in my shipping software.,If I had to nitpick, I'd say that I'm not a big fan of ShipStation's new V3 UX update. It's more-or-less the same UX, only some of the data that I relied upon is now hidden elsewhere. It's not that I resist change or anything like that, I just like to get to the information I need using the least amount of clicks. I have some alerts set up to notify shipping when an order has been sitting in our order screen for too long, I'm just not really impressed with the alert itself, which is just a red alert in your top menu that can be easily cleared and forgotten about. I'd really like the option to be able to opt into email or text alerts. The account settings tab is a little random in that you have you find your automation rules on the same page you find your Subscription and Passwords, and then your user profile is a completely separate thing. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it just seems like there's not a lot of logic on what's on the Popular Settings page, but you get used to it.,9,The ability to export an item's sales history + cost of shipping for each order has made it very easy for me to fine tune my pricing and be more profitable. Give me one place to handle all of my shipping needs, including shipping estimates which saves me time, and time=money.,ordoro,Shopify, Volusion, Google Ads (formerly AdWords), Adobe Photoshop, Google AnalyticsShipStation truly makes my Shipping Easy!We are using ShipStation right now for all of our fulfillment for our sales from our website at www.buiced.com. It addresses the problem of how to ship trhe orders that come into out site, and I can honestly say it does a GREAT job. It is very well done and set up, and honestly could not run my business without it!,The User Interface is good, although there is A LOT in there and so you really need to spend time looking at all areas. Their Postage Rates with USPS are amazing, I mean REALLY GOOD. I found that they're pretty good with getting back promptly with Customer Service needs and issues as well.,I am not sure why you cannot Close Out Shipments from previous days. Also, for some reason, the BAR CODE for the End of the Day Shipments does NOT scan at the USPS offices. I have had to PRINT it out. When you Schedule A Pick Up, it should pull the End of Day Shipment info into that area, so we don't have to fill it out again. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't feel like it does that.,10,I can't really answer this since I don't know costs of other competitors well enough. I will say that when I compare Shipping Rates of Shipstation vs. Shopify Shipping, ShipStation wins so that is helping our bottomline and expenses. I also think that the ease of use saves labor time, so that also helps.,,Shopify, Klaviyo, MailChimp, SquarespaceIf you're deciding on Shipworks and ShipStation read this!We use ShipStation for all our package shipments. ShipStation connects with BrightPearl seamlessly so all orders are updated in real time which is key for our Customer Support personnel.,Easy to set up and implement. Easy to create box sizes that are commonly used by the warehouse/shipping department. Customer support is always there to help. Strong integration with BrightPearl.,It'd be great to see Freight on ShipStation, especially ones like FedEx or UPS. It would be great if items aren't actually shipped out of ShipStation to not count against the quota. For instance if we sell something straight from the store and the support person working in BrightPearl "picks" the order it goes to ShipStation and if the person just says "shipped" it counts against the quota. The only items going against the quota should be ones where labels are actually printed. It would be perfect to be able to say what products are in each box. Being able to print off packing lists for each box with exactly what's inside would be extremely helpful!,9,Being able to get tracking out to customer quickly and accurately. The ease of use by our employees has saved them time and frustration.,,Adobe Acrobat DC, Magento Community EditionShipStation Makes your Shipping World a Happy PlaceShipstation is used by our shipping department. Shipstation allows us to update our API Brightpearl with tracking information which in turn updates our selling channels.,Immediate tracking information provided to customers. Ability to create manual shipments. Allows us to compare pricing for UPS versus USPS.,Creating End of Day reports can sometimes be an issue if there is a holiday that only affects my state and Shipstation does not change setting on their end in a timely fashion. I occasionally have a problem importing new SKUs and having all the settings updated correctly.,10,The positive impact Shipstation has had is to provide tracking information to customers with no manual intervention. The less manual intervention, the more we save on labor costs.,Dropbox, QuickBooks Online
ShipStation

ShipStation Reviews

ShipStation
Filter 21 vetted ShipStation reviews and ratings

Charles Combs profile photo
June 05, 2019

User Review: "ShipStation makes shipping easy"

• Great USPS rates
  • Integrates with all major carriers (others don't) and e-commerce stores
  • Customizable email templates and tracking pages
  • The clean, customizable dashboard makes organizing easy
  • Custom store/marketplace integrations
  • Needs barcode scanning to help reduce picking and packing errors
  • The Products and Customers sections aren't easy to edit and require us to use workarounds
  • User permissions aren't very granular and give too much access sometimes
  • ShipStation v3 Beta hides quote options in menus now, making it harder to get quotes fast
  • Alerts are weak, not customizable and can be easily missed
ShipStation is a solid shipping software that gets the main job of importing orders, getting quotes, and shipping packages done really well.
Read Charles Combs's full review
June 24, 2019

"ShipStation User Review"

• Order Management
  • Compares rates between all our carriers
  • Integration with our ERP
  • Equipment/Hardware Issues
  • Status Page (showing downtime) Not Always Accurate
If you are trying to manage several orders per day, you need a shipping software system to organize your orders and show you the best rates (depending on how you offer shipping to your customers). If you just have a few orders a week then you may not need a system like ShipStation yet because you will have to learn to use it.
July 19, 2019

Review: "ShipStation -- a good solution for a first growth to multiple warehouses"

• A good cloud-based system for multi-warehouse transfers.
  • Multi-use carriers, so we can shop rates.
  • Filters, tags, and automation rules to make choices limited.
  • Great customer service.
  • We have over 40 users logged in, and no slow downs.
  • It does not shop the best rates for you.
  • It's only as automated as you can make a singular line of rules. It does not branch for automation rules.
  • This is not its fault, but it is only as good as the data coming in. If you don't have dimensions already, it does not average sizes within an SKU.
I would say it is a good solution for the price, but there are advantages that are missing that we have had with other tools.
Paul Francis Jones profile photo
December 17, 2018

ShipStation Review: "An Absolute Necessity for Multi-Channel eCommerce"

• Customer service is always very important to me; I've never had any issues getting a question answered via live chat, which is super convenient when I'm working, and can't budget time to be on the phone AND working.
  • The search in ShipStation is pretty robust, it's fairly easy to find an order using pretty much any bit of information from an eBay user name to first or last name. I've never had trouble finding an order when I need.
  • I like that I can save custom exports in ShipStation that help me determine my average cost of shipping, which helps me be more competitive with pricing. I just search an item number, sort by quantity, export, and I have a custom "cost of shipping" export that I just run through excel and get my average.
  • ShipStation features a shipping calculator, right there, super convenient in the header. You'd be surprised to find that it's really difficult to find a good shipping calculator online, so it's nice to have it here in my shipping software.
  • If I had to nitpick, I'd say that I'm not a big fan of ShipStation's new V3 UX update. It's more-or-less the same UX, only some of the data that I relied upon is now hidden elsewhere. It's not that I resist change or anything like that, I just like to get to the information I need using the least amount of clicks.
  • I have some alerts set up to notify shipping when an order has been sitting in our order screen for too long, I'm just not really impressed with the alert itself, which is just a red alert in your top menu that can be easily cleared and forgotten about. I'd really like the option to be able to opt into email or text alerts.
  • The account settings tab is a little random in that you have you find your automation rules on the same page you find your Subscription and Passwords, and then your user profile is a completely separate thing. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it just seems like there's not a lot of logic on what's on the Popular Settings page, but you get used to it.
If you want to run a multichannel eCommerce business, which is most, you probably need ShipStation. All of your orders are in one place, tracking is communicated and updated, and it really helps you get a handle on your cost of shipping. It's not something I'd use for my personal Etsy shop, but if I ever added a 2nd selling channel like eBay, I could definitely justify the starter package, which is incredibly cheap.
Read Paul Francis Jones's full review
Ray Doustdar profile photo
February 02, 2018

Review: "ShipStation truly makes my Shipping Easy!"

• The User Interface is good, although there is A LOT in there and so you really need to spend time looking at all areas.
  • Their Postage Rates with USPS are amazing, I mean REALLY GOOD.
  • I found that they're pretty good with getting back promptly with Customer Service needs and issues as well.
  • I am not sure why you cannot Close Out Shipments from previous days.
  • Also, for some reason, the BAR CODE for the End of the Day Shipments does NOT scan at the USPS offices. I have had to PRINT it out.
  • When you Schedule A Pick Up, it should pull the End of Day Shipment info into that area, so we don't have to fill it out again. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't feel like it does that.
Very well suited for any Web business. We are a small to medium size company, and I think this can scale to large ones as well, no problem.
Read Ray Doustdar's full review
Will Thompson profile photo
March 23, 2017

Review: "If you're deciding on Shipworks and ShipStation read this!"

• Easy to set up and implement.
  • Easy to create box sizes that are commonly used by the warehouse/shipping department.
  • Customer support is always there to help.
  • Strong integration with BrightPearl.
  • It'd be great to see Freight on ShipStation, especially ones like FedEx or UPS.
  • It would be great if items aren't actually shipped out of ShipStation to not count against the quota. For instance if we sell something straight from the store and the support person working in BrightPearl "picks" the order it goes to ShipStation and if the person just says "shipped" it counts against the quota. The only items going against the quota should be ones where labels are actually printed.
  • It would be perfect to be able to say what products are in each box. Being able to print off packing lists for each box with exactly what's inside would be extremely helpful!
This is a great piece of software. We tried other types and found them very difficult to maneuver and to add information. ShipStation is very user friendly and allows the user to really make the product work for them.
Read Will Thompson's full review
Tammy Cameron profile photo
March 16, 2017

Review: "ShipStation Makes your Shipping World a Happy Place"

• Immediate tracking information provided to customers.
  • Ability to create manual shipments.
  • Allows us to compare pricing for UPS versus USPS.
  • Creating End of Day reports can sometimes be an issue if there is a holiday that only affects my state and Shipstation does not change setting on their end in a timely fashion.
  • I occasionally have a problem importing new SKUs and having all the settings updated correctly.
I have only used Shipstation in my current position where up to the minute tracking information needs to be communicated through to many selling channels and I believe it is the best solution for that application.
Read Tammy Cameron's full review

ShipStation Scorecard Summary

About ShipStation

ShipStation is an order fulfillment, inventory management, and shipping hub for eCommerce businesses. It allows users to import, manage, and ship orders from the ShipStation hub, which can coordinate multiple online sales channels and multiple carriers. ShipStation also offers branded package tracking, discounted UPS and FedEx shipping rates, and a mobile app that allows users to ship orders on the go.