Reviews (1-16 of 16)
October 22, 2019
We use ShipStation as part of our BigCommerce package to help with fulfillment, create shipping labels and manage returns of products.
As a small operation, it allows us to manage our shipping in house without the need for a fulfillment center which keeps costs down. We use ShipStation and their Stamps.com integration to ship thru USPS 99% of the time.
ShipStation saves us hours at the post office with the ability to print postage at home and drop off or have picked up by our rural USPS carrier.
- Batch Printing
- Integration with Big Commerce
- Provides an easy to manage fulfillment operation
- New Beta software was hard to use, I reverted back to the older version.
- Sometimes ShipStation fails to print the labels I want, I have to manually download them and print from outside ShipStation.
- I primarily use Firefox for my browser but something between BigCommerce, ShipStation and Firefox doesn't play well. So for printing, I use Safari which doesn't render the same issues.
Read Mark Linkhorst's full review
If you are a small startup or a larger enterprise operation, ShipStation can work for either scenario. It also works for sending batches of labels and orders to a fulfillment center to handle the legwork on shipping. If you don't have a Stamps.Com, UPS or FedEx account, you'll want to set one up in order to use ShipStation.
October 05, 2019
We used ShipStation to ship all of our packages from multiple online marketplaces and our own website We also used it to track packages and check that all order were delivered. If an order encountered a delivery problem we could see by the icon on ShipStation and then follow up with USPS.
- ShipStation makes it easy to check that packages are delivered by showing the delivery status.
- ShipStation has preset postage options that were easy to set up and made it quicker to process orders.
- They responded quickly to system problems - good customer service and dependable up time.
- When we wanted to check on the cost of all available shipping services for a package we had to open a new window which was a bit awkward. We would have to pop back and forth.
- Setting up a new shipping company had several steps that we would need help with. But once it was done it was done.
Read Vivian Vassar's full review
ShipStation is dependable, with very little downtime. Occasionally USPS would be offline but ShipStation would post updates so we felt we were kept informed and could decide if we needed to use alternate shipping or not. ShipStation help section is clear and concise. We used that to trouble shoot and were often able to figure out answers ourselves.
September 16, 2019
Three people do the shipping in our company, and ShipStation allows any individual to be aware of what has already been done regarding an order. It makes my job managing the shipping department much easier. We can offer multiple options for shipping and batch process them all at the same time.
- It makes it easy to offer and manage multiple shipping methods.
- It is easy to search what has been shipped in the past, and it integrates well with our BigCommerce site.
- Multiple users can easily see what has been done vs what needs to be done.
- When additional customs forms are required you have to remember to go in and print them instead of them printing automatically. It would be helpful if you received a notice/email about this more than an icon in the shipments screen.
- It has some redundant features.
- I wish you didn't have to manually refresh to see new orders that have come in from the website.
Read Krisstina Hawks's full review
ShipStation is great if you offer multiple shipping methods and/or have multiple employees working in the shipping department. It integrates well with our website, but it would be nice if you didn't have to manually refresh to see new orders. There are likely many useful features that we don't use because we don't know about them, so prompts to try new methods would be helpful.
July 25, 2019
ShipStation is used by our whole organization for all our shipping needs. It imports our orders directly from BigCommerce and creates shipping labels based on the service the customer selected. It uses the combined weight and size of the items purchased to determine shipping costs based on the rates set up with the carrier.
Read Jose Crowley's full review
ShipStation is scalable and has met all our shipping needs. You can see details on where you are shipping by volume and how much each shipper is being used. Some carriers, though very few, do not integrate with it, so you can't get real-time shipping costs. I do truly believe that this falls more on BigCommerce than ShipStation.
October 26, 2019
We use Shipstation primarily in our warehouse for shipping our products. It has helped us increase the speed and efficiency of shipping.
Read Joshua Sutphin's full review
It's really great for packages that are set sizes.
September 27, 2019
We use ShipStation as a third party shipment management software, integrating with a shipping label company (Stamps.com) and our eCommerce platform (BigCommerce). ShipStation provides custom label design, allows us to ship from multiple locations using one account, and manages customer contact options (like pre/post ship emails, tracking, and landing pages).
- Integration: It works so well I forget that it is a 3rd party solution sometimes.
- Automation: You can set nested rules based on order details, really cutting down on the little things that slow down your fulfillment process.
- Management: We almost never log into the admin side of BigCommerce thanks to ShipStation. ShipStation handles all of our day-to-day needs.
- ShipStation needs to allow DKIM/SPF email verification so customers receive emails directly from our email address instead of "via shipstation.com"
- Statistics/Overview need to have a "quarterly" view.
- Post shipment actions, primarily notifications, shouldn't silently fail like they do currently. When there's a failure (no tech is perfect!), the user should be notified so we can take manual action (like emailing the customer telling them the order shipped or attempting a manual notification).
Read this authenticated review
Do you ship packages on a regular basis? You should be using ShipStation then! ShipStation's extensive integrations and automation options will save you hours upon hours of time when shipping. Once set up, the majority of our packages are a single simple weigh-in and label print, no need to enter any additional information, like package dimensions, destination, shipping service, etc....all automated. ShipStation even fills out and prints the customs forms if you handle international shipping.
June 24, 2019
We use ShipStation in our shipping department to send out our orders. It is very helpful in organizing our orders from our inventory management system. The orders flow from the ERP system to ShipStation and once the orders are shipped the tracking information goes back to the ERP system and ShipStation sends an email to the customer. The customer data is imported for us, so typing of addresses unless there needs to be a manual adjustment from time to time.
Read this authenticated review
If you are trying to manage several orders per day, you need a shipping software system to organize your orders and show you the best rates (depending on how you offer shipping to your customers). If you just have a few orders a week then you may not need a system like ShipStation yet because you will have to learn to use it.
October 15, 2019
We use ShipStation to ship all online orders. We have all our third-party marketplaces linked to Channel Advisor and then have Channel Advisor linked to ShipStation. Orders are imported, labels printed, and tracking sent back to the marketplaces seamlessly. We primarily use ShipStation for the online portion of our business, but occasionally we do fulfill orders for our group business through ShipStation as well. The interface is easy to understand and easy to train employees on. It makes shipping hundreds of packages daily a breeze.
- The integrations between ShipStation, the marketplaces, and Channel Advisor are perfect and rarely have issues.
- ShipStation automatically sends the shipment notification to the marketplace and emails the customer with tracking information which means we never have to worry if our customers are receiving that info.
- The tracking portal for custom websites is absolutely great. We've branded it to match our e-commerce store and it provides access for our buyers to real-time tracking updates.
- Making the Aliases importable via CSV would be a huge help. Currently, we have to add each one manually and we even had to develop a BOT that would add thousands over the course of hours, but that process is still time-consuming and nowhere near perfect. If this could be solved by allowing Aliases to be uploaded via CSV that would be lovely.
- The product information area could be improved upon, maybe adding more fields so you can have as much product info in ShipStaion as possible. Also making any new data fields importable would be great.
Read this authenticated review
I absolutely love the ShipStation software. You can set it up to fit your business needs and process flow perfectly. With the tags, we can easily identify which warehouse a product needs to be fulfilled from. Also with tags, we can separate the different types of orders, such as dropship.
September 26, 2019
ShipStation is integrated with Bigcommerce within our company. Its used mostly by the shipping department but also with customer service. We are able to keep track of when shipments go out the door and provide our customers with tracking numbers. Shipstation is a quick and easy way to get the shipments out the door and manage them at the same time.
- Integrated shipping rates directly from the post office
- The scales sync directly with the software for more accurate measurements
- Can allow multiple stations to use one printer to save on equipment costs.
- There are times when the printers or scales will drop and need to be reconnected
- If a user doesnt realize shipstation connect is not turned on their station will not connect to their hardware
- The logistics could be a little more granular
Read this authenticated review
We are able to allow multiple users to use the same printers, which is a huge advantage during the holiday season. During that time we can keep our staff moving with how easy it is to use the software. Some of our users are a bit older but are still able to easily follow the simple interface they offer and still move quickly and effectively.
We ship approximately 7000 e-commerce packages a week and needed a shipping tool that was cloud-based, so we could ship from multiple warehouses. ShipStation provides an inexpensive solution that has some tools that the bigger more expensive solutions have without the expense and coding. It works well with ChannelAdvisor, Amazon, Amazon PRIME, eBay, and BigCommerce.
- A good cloud-based system for multi-warehouse transfers.
- Multi-use carriers, so we can shop rates.
- Filters, tags, and automation rules to make choices limited.
- Great customer service.
- We have over 40 users logged in, and no slow downs.
- It does not shop the best rates for you.
- It's only as automated as you can make a singular line of rules. It does not branch for automation rules.
- This is not its fault, but it is only as good as the data coming in. If you don't have dimensions already, it does not average sizes within an SKU.
Read this authenticated review
I would say it is a good solution for the price, but there are advantages that are missing that we have had with other tools.
It is being used for all of our order processing and shipping across all selling channels. It is used across the whole organization and it addressing syncing and managing shipping across different selling platforms and brings them all into one interface.
Read this authenticated review
In my opinion, it's a must-have for multi-channel eCommerce businesses that sell on several different marketplaces or websites. Well suited for small and large businesses and can scale with your company.
June 05, 2019
ShipStation is the main shipping software for our entire business. All of our orders—from multiple channels—flow into ShipStation, which is tied to all of our carrier accounts. It is our one-stop shop when it comes to all things shipping.
- Great USPS rates
- Integrates with all major carriers (others don't) and e-commerce stores
- Customizable email templates and tracking pages
- The clean, customizable dashboard makes organizing easy
- Custom store/marketplace integrations
- Needs barcode scanning to help reduce picking and packing errors
- The Products and Customers sections aren't easy to edit and require us to use workarounds
- User permissions aren't very granular and give too much access sometimes
- ShipStation v3 Beta hides quote options in menus now, making it harder to get quotes fast
- Alerts are weak, not customizable and can be easily missed
Read Charles Combs's full review
ShipStation is a solid shipping software that gets the main job of importing orders, getting quotes, and shipping packages done really well.
December 17, 2018
ShipStation streamlines our shipping process, we also connect an API to ShipStation to import orders into our somewhat ancient warehouse and accounting software. We have multiple selling channels, and are always looking to add more, and that's not a concern with ShipStation, which to the best of my knowledge has integrated with every single selling channel I've ever used. The API we use is very specific to our business, as I mentioned we use an ancient, jack of all trades warehouse/accounting software, and it can be a difficult fit for eCommerce, but we've made it work using the API, in that manner ShipStation has been very flexible.
- Customer service is always very important to me; I've never had any issues getting a question answered via live chat, which is super convenient when I'm working, and can't budget time to be on the phone AND working.
- The search in ShipStation is pretty robust, it's fairly easy to find an order using pretty much any bit of information from an eBay user name to first or last name. I've never had trouble finding an order when I need.
- I like that I can save custom exports in ShipStation that help me determine my average cost of shipping, which helps me be more competitive with pricing. I just search an item number, sort by quantity, export, and I have a custom "cost of shipping" export that I just run through excel and get my average.
- ShipStation features a shipping calculator, right there, super convenient in the header. You'd be surprised to find that it's really difficult to find a good shipping calculator online, so it's nice to have it here in my shipping software.
- If I had to nitpick, I'd say that I'm not a big fan of ShipStation's new V3 UX update. It's more-or-less the same UX, only some of the data that I relied upon is now hidden elsewhere. It's not that I resist change or anything like that, I just like to get to the information I need using the least amount of clicks.
- I have some alerts set up to notify shipping when an order has been sitting in our order screen for too long, I'm just not really impressed with the alert itself, which is just a red alert in your top menu that can be easily cleared and forgotten about. I'd really like the option to be able to opt into email or text alerts.
- The account settings tab is a little random in that you have you find your automation rules on the same page you find your Subscription and Passwords, and then your user profile is a completely separate thing. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it just seems like there's not a lot of logic on what's on the Popular Settings page, but you get used to it.
Read Paul Francis Jones's full review
If you want to run a multichannel eCommerce business, which is most, you probably need ShipStation. All of your orders are in one place, tracking is communicated and updated, and it really helps you get a handle on your cost of shipping. It's not something I'd use for my personal Etsy shop, but if I ever added a 2nd selling channel like eBay, I could definitely justify the starter package, which is incredibly cheap.
February 02, 2018
We are using ShipStation right now for all of our fulfillment for our sales from our website at www.buiced.com. It addresses the problem of how to ship trhe orders that come into out site, and I can honestly say it does a GREAT job. It is very well done and set up, and honestly could not run my business without it!
- The User Interface is good, although there is A LOT in there and so you really need to spend time looking at all areas.
- Their Postage Rates with USPS are amazing, I mean REALLY GOOD.
- I found that they're pretty good with getting back promptly with Customer Service needs and issues as well.
- I am not sure why you cannot Close Out Shipments from previous days.
- Also, for some reason, the BAR CODE for the End of the Day Shipments does NOT scan at the USPS offices. I have had to PRINT it out.
- When you Schedule A Pick Up, it should pull the End of Day Shipment info into that area, so we don't have to fill it out again. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't feel like it does that.
Read Ray Doustdar's full review
Very well suited for any Web business. We are a small to medium size company, and I think this can scale to large ones as well, no problem.
We use ShipStation for all our package shipments. ShipStation connects with BrightPearl seamlessly so all orders are updated in real time which is key for our Customer Support personnel.
- Easy to set up and implement.
- Easy to create box sizes that are commonly used by the warehouse/shipping department.
- Customer support is always there to help.
- Strong integration with BrightPearl.
- It'd be great to see Freight on ShipStation, especially ones like FedEx or UPS.
- It would be great if items aren't actually shipped out of ShipStation to not count against the quota. For instance if we sell something straight from the store and the support person working in BrightPearl "picks" the order it goes to ShipStation and if the person just says "shipped" it counts against the quota. The only items going against the quota should be ones where labels are actually printed.
- It would be perfect to be able to say what products are in each box. Being able to print off packing lists for each box with exactly what's inside would be extremely helpful!
Read Will Thompson's full review
This is a great piece of software. We tried other types and found them very difficult to maneuver and to add information. ShipStation is very user friendly and allows the user to really make the product work for them.
March 16, 2017
Shipstation is used by our shipping department. Shipstation allows us to update our API Brightpearl with tracking information which in turn updates our selling channels.
- Immediate tracking information provided to customers.
- Ability to create manual shipments.
- Allows us to compare pricing for UPS versus USPS.
- Creating End of Day reports can sometimes be an issue if there is a holiday that only affects my state and Shipstation does not change setting on their end in a timely fashion.
- I occasionally have a problem importing new SKUs and having all the settings updated correctly.
Read Tammy Cameron's full review
I have only used Shipstation in my current position where up to the minute tracking information needs to be communicated through to many selling channels and I believe it is the best solution for that application.
ShipStation Scorecard Summary
ShipStation is an order fulfillment, inventory management, and shipping hub for eCommerce businesses. It allows users to import, manage, and ship orders from the ShipStation hub, which can coordinate multiple online sales channels and multiple carriers. ShipStation also offers branded package tracking, discounted UPS and FedEx shipping rates, and a mobile app that allows users to ship orders on the go.
ShipStation Technical Details