Reviews (1-19 of 19)
- Export Documentation. HUGE timesaver over having to hand enter the export info within UPS Worldship.
- Multi Carrier Pricing Options are easily compared.
- WHEN it is functioning properly it works great.
- For years users have requested UPS End of Day Report for Driver to Scan. Shipstation Refuses to offer this and it means that Claims with the carrier are next to impossible to process as there is no PROOF the carrier received your package.
- Customer Service is Seriously Lacking within the last 6-12 months. Repeated outages, problems, and their front-tier support has no insight as to how long the system will be down. Poor Response times for even the most basic of issues such as error logs so our cart can troubleshoot from their end.
- The Status Page is inaccurate. 5 of the last 6 times when we had major issues their status page shows as 100%. Not a reliable gauge of up-time.
- Confirms shipping address to ensure accurate delivery.
- Great partnership when needing to address any opportunities in the moment.
- In our early days with ShipStation we experienced more discrepancies with invalid sizes being shipped to the wrong customers.
shipping rates for their clients nationally. We recommend the ShipStation app for anyone
with an online retail store. ShipStation is a great tool that we use for our eCommerce
clients, it is easy to integrate into BigCommerce and Shopify stores to facilitate online order shipping.
- Easy print labels.
- Accurate shipping rates.
love when their Shipstation shipping costs and postage match up for the orders. We strive to be sure that all clients have a good solution to keep their stores on track and manage postage rates. Depending on the client needs, the Shipstation app is free and
integration is super easy, we always recommend a Shipstation shipping plugin to keep rates
accurate and costs in line. Clients hate losing money on orders due to shipping errors, and this app keeps orders on track.
- Great USPS rates
- Integrates with all major carriers (others don't) and e-commerce stores
- Customizable email templates and tracking pages
- The clean, customizable dashboard makes organizing easy
- Custom store/marketplace integrations
- Needs barcode scanning to help reduce picking and packing errors
- The Products and Customers sections aren't easy to edit and require us to use workarounds
- User permissions aren't very granular and give too much access sometimes
- ShipStation v3 Beta hides quote options in menus now, making it harder to get quotes fast
- Alerts are weak, not customizable and can be easily missed
- Batch Printing
- Integration with Big Commerce
- Provides an easy to manage fulfillment operation
- New Beta software was hard to use, I reverted back to the older version.
- Sometimes ShipStation fails to print the labels I want, I have to manually download them and print from outside ShipStation.
- I primarily use Firefox for my browser but something between BigCommerce, ShipStation and Firefox doesn't play well. So for printing, I use Safari which doesn't render the same issues.
- ShipStation makes it easy to check that packages are delivered by showing the delivery status.
- ShipStation has preset postage options that were easy to set up and made it quicker to process orders.
- They responded quickly to system problems - good customer service and dependable up time.
- When we wanted to check on the cost of all available shipping services for a package we had to open a new window which was a bit awkward. We would have to pop back and forth.
- Setting up a new shipping company had several steps that we would need help with. But once it was done it was done.
- It makes it easy to offer and manage multiple shipping methods.
- It is easy to search what has been shipped in the past, and it integrates well with our BigCommerce site.
- Multiple users can easily see what has been done vs what needs to be done.
- When additional customs forms are required you have to remember to go in and print them instead of them printing automatically. It would be helpful if you received a notice/email about this more than an icon in the shipments screen.
- It has some redundant features.
- I wish you didn't have to manually refresh to see new orders that have come in from the website.
- Create labels.
- Run reports.
- Verify addresses.
- I don't like the newest release, but may just need time to get use to it.
- Reprints are not easy.
- The quick ship feature is a nice idea but could use some improvements
- Integration: It works so well I forget that it is a 3rd party solution sometimes.
- Automation: You can set nested rules based on order details, really cutting down on the little things that slow down your fulfillment process.
- Management: We almost never log into the admin side of BigCommerce thanks to ShipStation. ShipStation handles all of our day-to-day needs.
- ShipStation needs to allow DKIM/SPF email verification so customers receive emails directly from our email address instead of "via shipstation.com"
- Statistics/Overview need to have a "quarterly" view.
- Post shipment actions, primarily notifications, shouldn't silently fail like they do currently. When there's a failure (no tech is perfect!), the user should be notified so we can take manual action (like emailing the customer telling them the order shipped or attempting a manual notification).
- The integrations between ShipStation, the marketplaces, and Channel Advisor are perfect and rarely have issues.
- ShipStation automatically sends the shipment notification to the marketplace and emails the customer with tracking information which means we never have to worry if our customers are receiving that info.
- The tracking portal for custom websites is absolutely great. We've branded it to match our e-commerce store and it provides access for our buyers to real-time tracking updates.
- Making the Aliases importable via CSV would be a huge help. Currently, we have to add each one manually and we even had to develop a BOT that would add thousands over the course of hours, but that process is still time-consuming and nowhere near perfect. If this could be solved by allowing Aliases to be uploaded via CSV that would be lovely.
- The product information area could be improved upon, maybe adding more fields so you can have as much product info in ShipStaion as possible. Also making any new data fields importable would be great.
- Integrated shipping rates directly from the post office
- The scales sync directly with the software for more accurate measurements
- Can allow multiple stations to use one printer to save on equipment costs.
- There are times when the printers or scales will drop and need to be reconnected
- If a user doesnt realize shipstation connect is not turned on their station will not connect to their hardware
- The logistics could be a little more granular
- A good cloud-based system for multi-warehouse transfers.
- Multi-use carriers, so we can shop rates.
- Filters, tags, and automation rules to make choices limited.
- Great customer service.
- We have over 40 users logged in, and no slow downs.
- It does not shop the best rates for you.
- It's only as automated as you can make a singular line of rules. It does not branch for automation rules.
- This is not its fault, but it is only as good as the data coming in. If you don't have dimensions already, it does not average sizes within an SKU.
- Easy to use interface
- Powerful Features
- Supports more marketplaces and apps
- Better discounted shipping rates for carriers
- Customer service is always very important to me; I've never had any issues getting a question answered via live chat, which is super convenient when I'm working, and can't budget time to be on the phone AND working.
- The search in ShipStation is pretty robust, it's fairly easy to find an order using pretty much any bit of information from an eBay user name to first or last name. I've never had trouble finding an order when I need.
- I like that I can save custom exports in ShipStation that help me determine my average cost of shipping, which helps me be more competitive with pricing. I just search an item number, sort by quantity, export, and I have a custom "cost of shipping" export that I just run through excel and get my average.
- ShipStation features a shipping calculator, right there, super convenient in the header. You'd be surprised to find that it's really difficult to find a good shipping calculator online, so it's nice to have it here in my shipping software.
- If I had to nitpick, I'd say that I'm not a big fan of ShipStation's new V3 UX update. It's more-or-less the same UX, only some of the data that I relied upon is now hidden elsewhere. It's not that I resist change or anything like that, I just like to get to the information I need using the least amount of clicks.
- I have some alerts set up to notify shipping when an order has been sitting in our order screen for too long, I'm just not really impressed with the alert itself, which is just a red alert in your top menu that can be easily cleared and forgotten about. I'd really like the option to be able to opt into email or text alerts.
- The account settings tab is a little random in that you have you find your automation rules on the same page you find your Subscription and Passwords, and then your user profile is a completely separate thing. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it just seems like there's not a lot of logic on what's on the Popular Settings page, but you get used to it.
- The User Interface is good, although there is A LOT in there and so you really need to spend time looking at all areas.
- Their Postage Rates with USPS are amazing, I mean REALLY GOOD.
- I found that they're pretty good with getting back promptly with Customer Service needs and issues as well.
- I am not sure why you cannot Close Out Shipments from previous days.
- Also, for some reason, the BAR CODE for the End of the Day Shipments does NOT scan at the USPS offices. I have had to PRINT it out.
- When you Schedule A Pick Up, it should pull the End of Day Shipment info into that area, so we don't have to fill it out again. Maybe I am missing something, but I don't feel like it does that.
- Easy to set up and implement.
- Easy to create box sizes that are commonly used by the warehouse/shipping department.
- Customer support is always there to help.
- Strong integration with BrightPearl.
- It'd be great to see Freight on ShipStation, especially ones like FedEx or UPS.
- It would be great if items aren't actually shipped out of ShipStation to not count against the quota. For instance if we sell something straight from the store and the support person working in BrightPearl "picks" the order it goes to ShipStation and if the person just says "shipped" it counts against the quota. The only items going against the quota should be ones where labels are actually printed.
- It would be perfect to be able to say what products are in each box. Being able to print off packing lists for each box with exactly what's inside would be extremely helpful!
- Immediate tracking information provided to customers.
- Ability to create manual shipments.
- Allows us to compare pricing for UPS versus USPS.
- Creating End of Day reports can sometimes be an issue if there is a holiday that only affects my state and Shipstation does not change setting on their end in a timely fashion.
- I occasionally have a problem importing new SKUs and having all the settings updated correctly.
- Order Management
- Compares rates between all our carriers
- Integration with our ERP
- Equipment/Hardware Issues
- Status Page (showing downtime) Not Always Accurate
ShipStation Scorecard Summary
What is ShipStation?
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Starter||$9.00||Per User Per Month (50 shipments included)|
|Bronze||$29.00||Per User Per Month (500 shipments included)|
|Silver||$49.00||2 Users Per Month (1,500 shipments included)|
|Gold||$69.00||3 Users Per Month (3,000 shipments included)|
|Platinum||$99.00||5 Users Per Month (6,000 shipments included)|
|Enterprise||$159.00||10 Users Per Month (10,000 shipments included)|
ShipStation Technical Details