Fine but boring
October 05, 2021
Fine but boring
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SilkRoad Learning (formerly GreenLight)
SilkRoad Learning is not used across most of our organization I think but in a limited capacity in our department. We use it to help centralize and track staff training modules and to make sure that we can quickly identify gaps in learning. It was mean to help us monitor progress alongside the new dual delivery teaching systems.
- Helps monitor staff progress in training modules they are completing from home
- the training references tab seems to be especially useful, people always tell me that they really appreciate that element
- I find the training calendar does a great deal to help organize all the different kinds of training I use it for
- 'my profile' has been a little glitchy for us but we are a very small team and don't use that element much, photos don't load or stay loaded
- Sometimes the main list with due dates, type of training etc. seems hard for people to completely understand some more customizable sections here would be useful for us
- On the whole, is not a customizable as other platforms we've used. Is good at tracking but not so much the kind of cataloging we need.
- seems to have made sure that all out short term contract staff are more on the same level and can access various lists, documents they need from training in a way that fees up admin time.
- 100% of people interacted with it in someway, in the end no one had trouble understanding how it worked
- seemed to help with our duel learning delivery goals but too soon to tell just yet
Less good than Adobe, doesn't look as good, and less mobile/agile with fewer customizable features. Easier for people to learn how to use but slightly boring and didn't seem to be particularly popular with people. A system that is fun to use does get used more and more efficiently. The assessments and reports system was about the same.
Do you think SilkRoad Learning delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SilkRoad Learning's feature set?
Did SilkRoad Learning live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SilkRoad Learning go as expected?
Would you buy SilkRoad Learning again?
Very easy to use for new employees so that we have to do almost no introductory training, we can just tell them to set themselves up which makes it great for a business with a lot of very short term causal staff who have to do a lot of health and safety training and familiarisation training each time they restart teaching. Very self-explanatory and easy to follow. We don't really like the look of it so don't use it for any customer or student-facing activities. We can't seem to get it to interact with flash so that makes it less useful sometimes.