IBM Watson Campaign Automation Review: "A Great Tool for Large Organizations"https://www.trustradius.com/marketing-automationIBM Watson Campaign AutomationUnspecified7.8781012014-01-31T20:26:51.197Z
The IRC uses Silverpop to send most of its direct marketing emails to donors and prospects. We use it to send newsletters and updates to interested parties.
- It goes through a thorough examination process of the email before it is sent in order to make sure it doesn't get stuck in junk mail, renders properly on different plaforms, etc.
- It syncs with Salesforce
- It's easy to update photos and hyperlinks
- The process of creating a text email from HTML is pretty wonky, it creates an illegible text email that takes quite a lot of time to go through and edit.
- The ability to update the layout of emails is pretty time consuming and not "user friendly"
- There are little things like, when you copy an email it takes you all the way out to main list, instead of instinctively knowing where you are in the databases. "Ease of use" is something that Silverpop could definitely work on, the platform not very "user friendly" or instinctive.
- The reporting functionality is my LEAST favorite part of Silverpop. You can not pull reports based on many different factors, that should be a "no brainer" when setting up a reporting system. You can't customize your own report, you can't pull based on a title, you can't pull based on send date etc. Maybe I just haven't figured it all out, but it is complicated, time consuming and not easy to use.
- I have only used Silverpop here at the IRC so I can't answer this questions accurately.
Silverpop allows us to send complex emails to multiple databases and sync up with our system of record, Salesforce.
It is synced up with our systems and we have been trained to use this program well.