Overall Satisfaction with SMS.to
We use SMS.to in BUSSI as one of our channels to make SMS maketing campaign with our users. SMS is a communication channel with your users that is direct and hard to be block that's why we still use it even though if we have other channels as email, push notifications, customer service channels, social media, etc. and we use SMS only when we want to do very specific campaigns with certain segment of users or when we want to be sure that the users receives the message. We specially use SMS.to because is one of the cheapest platforms for sending SMS out there and because it charge you per message not per user, this is important when you have a giant number of users because you don't want to be charged every month per user but only for messages that you actually sent.
- They have one of the lowest prices per SMS that I have seen out there.
- They charge per SMS delivered so it's ideal when sending SMS when your company has a large number of users.
- Since is possible to integrate with third party aplications through zapier it's possible to make complex automations like sending a series of SMS when a user just sign up for the first time.
- You can pay with Paypal, sometimes plataforms only let you pay with gateways as stripe which may fail and can damage your marketing plan so honestly this was a feature that pushed us to make the buying decision.
- For some reason once the campaign is sent it doesn't start to send SMS right away it may take 30min to a couple of hours. It doesn't matter is your campaign is not urgent or emergency.
- You have to upload your contact list for the specific campaign It seems that you can't just copy and paste the numbers for quick campaigns.
- Even if the UX is undertandable, there is room for improvement.
- Payment by PayPal before we had problems with other platforms that use to block credit cards after several months and end up by damaging our schedules.
- That you can pay per SMS delivered and not per contacts since we have a big number of users.
- Easy to use anyone in the marketing area is able to use SMS.to
- Since the SMS are low cost we are able to make direct sms campaigns and motivate users to use the product mor often.
- Since you pay per SMS sent and not per contact we are already saving a ton of money.
I already pointed out this but basically we decided to go with SMS.to because 2 reasons:
1. It can be paid with paypal (first reason) we have some bad experience with other products because payment gateways may suddenly block your cards and you're unable to pay even if you want to use the service so when we saw that SMS.to has Paypal payment we just decided to go for this option.
2. You pay per message and not per contact this is ideal other platforms will ask you a monthly fee for marketing features that you're not looking plus paying per SMS or per contact we were just looking a straight forward software in order to send SMS campaigns.
Do you think SMS.to delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SMS.to's feature set?
Did SMS.to live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SMS.to go as expected?
Would you buy SMS.to again?
SMS.to is ideal when you have a large number of users and you need to be charged by SMS delivered not by number of users. Let's put an example other solutions out there wanted us to pay user or contact which is illogican for a product that has more than 100K users because it doesn't matter if you send no message or you send 10 messages they will charge you per contact in the other hand solutions as SMS.to they will charge per SMS delivered which makes really economic the scenario specially if you only send to specific segments of contacts by making use of contact lists. A least appropiate scenario is when you need to send emergency/urgent SMS because for some resaon the SMS in this platform will be sent after 20-30 minutes even an hour I ignore why it happens but that's why we always try to schedule our campaigns and be sure they are generic marketing messages. For emergency/urgent SMS is recommended to use another platform.