Overall Satisfaction with Snagit
We currently use Snagit for customer support/ticketing and documentation. It is used by our entire company to take screenshots of our application and annotate it to help support our customers. We also use it to create videos and documentation for our software applications for a knowledge base that our customers can use for quick help.
- Scrolling screenshot for super long pages/screens
- Can take videos with audio
- Lots of features to blur out text, annotate, comment, etc.
- Can take text from a screenshot, which makes it super easy if you need to pull text from a PDF
- New version every year requires purchase
- There should be an enterprise version--must purchase a license for each user
- No tracking for bulk purchases; if you lose the key, you have to buy it again
- Scrolling screenshot for large pages or screens
- The keyboard shortcuts for Snagit
- Templates for documentation
- Annotations, highlighters, etc.
- Able to provide customer support with screenshots for increased efficiency
- The settings and tools within Snagit are intuitive and easy to find
- Easily blur areas, crop, cut out (in the middle of images), add text, add arrows or boxes around areas, and much more
Do you think Snagit delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Snagit's feature set?
Did Snagit live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Snagit go as expected?
Would you buy Snagit again?
Snagit is best for any company where customer support is required and needed for creating documentation and videos. I am not sure if there is a less appropriate scenario because I see this being used by freelancers, software companies, and even any of the the big companies. The standard snipping tool for Windows does not provide any features needed.