Overall Satisfaction with SnapLogic
Snaplogic is the core product that we use to move data from various sources, whether on-premise or in the cloud, to our data lake in Snowflake. Its use is expanding company-wide from engineering to finance and sales operations. This can be attributed to Snaplogic's graphical user interface which uses a jigsaw puzzle metaphor and makes the product accessible to business users as well as engineers. Snaplogic provides the monitoring and logging tools that allow us to track all data movement in one central location. A major selling point that distinguishes Snaplogic from many competitors is the availability of an on-premise node called a Groundplex as well as a cloud-based node called a Cloudplex. This hybrid configuration precludes the need to punch holes in the firewall and keeps sensitive data inside.
- Has an on-premise solution named Groundplex to access sensitive internal data as well as a cloud solution named Cloudplex for external data? And you can use both Groundplex and Cloudplex for a completely secure solution for sensitive data.
- The GUI based Designer uses an intuitive jigsaw puzzle metaphor.
- Has a wide selection of connectors to a variety data sources ranging from an Oracle database to a web destinations using a REST API.
- Has own version system, but no support for de facto git repositories.
- Has XML support, but does not support XML mixed content.
- Has support for Data Science with several ML snap packs, but computation power is inherently limited on Snaplogic nodes. To handle large data sets, computing needs to be elastic and thus ML is more suited for other systems.
- Large number of data source connectors.
- Ease of use.
- On premise node option.
- Able to complete the initial project in a matter of months by converting a legacy Oracle PLSQL project.
- Good value compared to similar tools.
- Product has been bug free so far.
Do you think SnapLogic delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SnapLogic's feature set?
Did SnapLogic live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of SnapLogic go as expected?
Would you buy SnapLogic again?
Snaplogic is unique from other IPASS tools if you're very sensitive about data security as they have an on-premise option where your data never needs to leave your data center. And data pipelines can be quickly created if Snaplogic has the requisite connector to your data sources. On the downside, if you're transforming a large amount of data for example in training machine learning models, a tool with elastic compute capability is more appropriate.