Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
We use SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor to monitor WAN links for more than 1003 branches, backup all router configurations, monitor bandwidth, generate reports, and monitor IP addresses. The good thing about SolarWinds Network Performance is that it provides a comprehensive user friendly network and server monitoring solution.
- Flexible and easy to use.
- All network nodes details, hardware status, and traffic amount on each interface.
- Reports can be generated for everything related to any network nodes for any time period.
- Flexible network map customization and design.
- Very helpful for network troubleshooting.
- For some reports you need to have a knowledge of SQL and write a code.
- Worldwide map.
- More icons and options for network maps.
- With one screen I save a lot of time to identify the problem
- I distribute the work load by giving each engineer access to monitor only his branch's devices, which minimizes solving network problems, time and effort.
- Easy to learn and use from online resources; a junior engineer can become familiar with the software within one week.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure
More flexible and user friendly, and it supports most of vendor's products. Also, the network diagrams and reports are much better.
The license price, types and period comparing to the other competitors is better. From my experience, I installed it to monitor different networks types ( LAN, WAN, and DC), and I am happy with the information that I can get from the software. [I] directly access the device from NPM (Telnet), and I can manage the access to each map and network device.