Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Pingdom
We use Pingdom to monitor the uptime of several different pages on our website, as well as other web pages that support our website. Pingdom has also helped us monitor page load times and has helped us address downtime issues instantly. We use Pingdom within our team, so if a page is down or failing to load, there is typically someone ready to address the issue within minutes.
- Allows alerts to be sent via SMS
- Allows alerts to be sent to large groups of users
- Reports downtime instantly
- Pingdom counts paused checks as part of your available uptime checks. If you have 10 checks available in the Starter plan with 9 active and 1 paused, you will either need to upgrade to create more or delete the paused check.
- (This would be a nice enhancement) When you run out of Pingdom email/SMS alerts for the month, you need to log in to see if any uptime checks are down or have been down in the last day. When you are out of alerts, it would be nice if Pingdom sent an email report at the end of each day to the Owner user of any downtime reported for that day.
- Positive: At one point, our development website was experiencing very frequent downtime for unknown reasons. We were able to prove this sporadic downtime to our support team by adding them to our Pingdom alerts. From there, they were able to follow the trend and diagnose the issue.
Do you think SolarWinds Pingdom delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds Pingdom's feature set?
Did SolarWinds Pingdom live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds Pingdom go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds Pingdom again?
If you have a website that experiences heavy traffic or will experience money lost due to any potential downtime, Pingdom is an essential tool. You have the option to pick from four different plans depending on which one works better for your website. However, if you have a website that does not meet either of those two scenarios, I don't believe Pingdom is a necessity.