Updated July 14, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager (VMAN)
Virtual Manager is being used for monitoring our vSAN clusters and accompanying VMs. We use it to bring alerting and performance analysis under one pane of glass.
- It monitors alerts and configuration issues in real-time and notifies relevant personnel.
- It provides summary pages that allow you to see all of your systems in one place.
- It recommends options for dealing with issues and allows you to address them from within the VMM program itself.
- The only thing I can think of is that many alert messages are redundant and it takes a while to go through and filter the extra alerts and cut down on the number of event messages.
- It has allowed us to drop several other software packages that were monitoring various facets of our installation, which then allowed us to stop paying for the extra support on those programs.
- It has increased our reaction time and awareness of problematic issues.
Virtualization Manager does a much better job of bringing all of the relevant system information together in an easy to view and use interface.