Overall Satisfaction with Sophos Intercept X
Sophos Intercept X is an all-in-one endpoint solution that has dramatically decreased malware and ransomware instances across our organization. Since we put it into place it has found thousands of potential infections that would have infected us via RATs, worms, emails, and malicious webpages. When you combine the power of Intercept X with the Sophos Central web console, it gives incredible administrative power to discover who the biggest problems are and then allows you to better target training and mitigation efforts where the problems originate.
- Sophos Intercept X is great at preventing malware infections and rolling back their effects. I have seen this happen hundreds of times since we installed it
- When combined with Sophos Central, you have an easy to use dashboard where you can manage all installations from a single pane of glass.
- It's easy to deploy on machines and stays updated.
- Good reporting features including alerts sent to the admin if there's ever something wrong with it.
- It can be a bit resource-intensive, especially on machines that are a little older. I've seen it take up too many CPU cycles and bog down the rest of the machine.
- Initial setup to get it working can be challenging if you do anything other than the default settings.
- Sometimes won't update on client machines, so they have to be brought in for a manual reinstall.
- Before we had Intercept X, we had several infections of ransomware. Since that time it has stopped at least 10 attempts, saving us thousands of man-hours and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- By decreasing the time needed for malware remediation, it has saved us the cost of .25 FTE in the IT department.
- Initial setup was cumbersome and cost us .1 FTE in additional costs the first year.
We have used Avast, AVG, Panda, Sophos' original antivirus product, and Symantec before and it is better than each of them. The cloud console is the star of the show and it dramatically reduces the cost and effort needed to install the product. Other products were only single-instance installs, needed a dedicated on-premise server, or didn't protect against ransomware or newer viruses.
Support has been somewhat helpful, though it is usually easier to just Google what you need. Like most tech companies, it is hard to find a phone number and most things drive you towards a FAQ. Additionally, the help center in the admin console isn't that fantastic. The upside is that because the product is as steady and solid as it is, I haven't needed to use support much.
Do you think Sophos Intercept X delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Sophos Intercept X's feature set?
Did Sophos Intercept X live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Sophos Intercept X go as expected?
Would you buy Sophos Intercept X again?
Sophos Intercept X is what I would consider the premier antivirus, anti-malware, anti-ransomware software on the market today. It is easy to stand up and deploy thanks to the management side being in the cloud - there's just a small download that can be deployed via script to any computer on your domain. It scales easily from small businesses all the way up to large enterprises and comes in at a cost-effective price point for anyone along that spectrum.