Updated August 19, 2015
IT Infrastructure Manager (Americas)
Bureau van DijkInformation Services, 501-1000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
- My Ticket Rules
- My Ticket Views
- Nested Ticket Attributes
- Dose Ticket Gauge
- Spiceworks Users Map
- Dell service Tag Counter
- PRTG Charts
- IT Service Contacts
- Help Desk Power Pack
- Ticket Gauge Clone
- Ticket Location Map
- Message Push
- Bandwidth Monitor
- Attachment PDF Viewer
- Attachment Image Viewer
- IT Achievements
Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
Within our organization, Spiceworks is being implemented as a ticketing and inventory solution for the helpdesk team. It has been instrumental in providing my team with the tools required to quantify our achievements, simplify our job, and give us a level of transparency that our branch managers appreciate. The ability to generate monthly and quarterly reports and show our productivity levels is definitely a tremendous asset, in addition to having the ability to quantify our daily/weekly workload.
- Allows my team to quantify their daily workload and predict heightened workload based on trends.
- Allows me to provide my employer with solid tangible data when it comes to proposals, or requests for additional budget/head count.
- Provides a simpler means to inventory our hardware.
- Better ticketing views. I would like to see nested ticket attributes and categories.
- SpiceWorks as a non web-based app would be nice to have.
- More bandwidth, network, and hardware monitoring features would be a big plus.
- Faster helpdesk turn-around.
- More efficient inventory management.
At first I was drawn to the fact that this was a free tool, but in time I began exploring functions that I had not originally considered useful or critical. Coming for a diverse background, I have used a number of ticketing tools, but Spiceworks covers all your basics well, as well as providing the end user with plug ins to expand it's functionality to an impressive extent.
I would say Spiceworks is a well rounded Swiss army knife, that comes with a pre-built knowledge database, and a community of like-minded IT professionals. This is truly a priceless asset, as I am able to get live feedback from real professionals. Having a group of experts offer advice on your infrastructure issues is great, but having it part of your one stop shop for helpdesk needs is overly convenient.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Originally when I had questions when selecting a ticketing system. Spiceworks was shown as a great tool in both function, and implementation.