Great Free Help Desk
April 26, 2021
Great Free Help Desk
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks Help Desk
We use Spiceworks Help Desk for internal tickets. Most of our users submit support requests through email and Spiceworks picks them up and turns them into tickets. Having a central location for tickets makes sure that requests don't get lost in our individual inboxes.
- Easy for users to submit tickets
- Informative ticket update email notifications
- Smartphone app makes it easy to track tickets on the go
- Ticket updates are at the bottom of the page and require you to click the "More" link to see them. Sometimes our techs miss the latest notes [on] tickets
- Not many customization options in the help desk view for techs
- Searching for old tickets is a little clumsy
- Ticket creation via email
- Ticket status updates
- New ticket notifications and updates
- Streamlines help desk requests
- Offers many features of paid solutions for free
Spiceworks is a great option for a free help desk. In terms of features, it is similar to the free level of Freshdesk. If you want a lot of features and customization though, you should look at JitBit Help Desk or the paid tiers of Freshdesk. Both offer better reporting, automation, and customization.
Do you think Spiceworks Help Desk delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Spiceworks Help Desk's feature set?
Did Spiceworks Help Desk live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Spiceworks Help Desk go as expected?
Would you buy Spiceworks Help Desk again?
Spiceworks Help Desk is a great entry-level help desk package and the price (free) can't be [beaten]. If you only have a few technicians then it might be a good fit for you. Users can submit tickets via email or through the support portal. One feature that we like is the ability to customize the email notifications to suit our needs and include our logo. It makes things look a bit more professional. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles in Spiceworks but what it does, it does well.