Overall Satisfaction with Stripe
We use Stripe for recurring billing for our SaaS product, and for one-off purchases from our site. We migrated from a different payment processor in order to provide a more modern and seemless purchase process. We are currently working to migrate existing customers to Stripe as well. When that is done, Stripe will be our only payment processor.
- Laravel integration. Our product is written in Laravel, which supports Stripe out of the box.
- Customer service. When I had questions during my integration, customer support was easily accessible, friendly and helpful.
- Modern UI creates a quick, seamless purchase process for the customer.
- The ability to generate one-off custom invoices (not associated with a specific product) allows us to bill for custom development services through the same payment processor.
- The backend dashboard is well laid out and provides lots of great information.
- Test mode makes testing purchases quick and painless.
- Great looking customer-facing invoices.
- Last I checked, coupons were only supported by coding up your own payment page using Stripe Elements. It would be nice to be able to add a coupon field to the payment popup provided by Stripe.
- Stripe provides a much cleaner purchase process than our previous solution, but since we deployed Stripe at the same time as we deployed a complete rewrite of our site, it's difficult to know exactly what impact it's had.
Our previous product was Cloudnet360, which provides an integrated shopping cart and CRM. With Cloudnet, our customers had to leave our site and go to an outside checkout page in order to purchase. In addition, Stripe provides a robust API which allows us to automate more of the work of maintaining a subscription service.