SparkPost Reviews

Witt Sparks | TrustRadius Reviewer
Assessment Generator uses SparkPost as an email delivery service. We use SparkPost to deliver end user results after they take an assessment, as well as notifications to assessment authors that their assessment has been taken. SparkPost allows us to send a larger volume of emails than the SMTP server provided by our hosting service.
  • Good Documentation
  • Developer focused
  • Supports sub-accounts
  • Good support
  • Integrates with Laravel out of the box
  • When I first implemented SparkPost, I did not take advantage of the sub-account feature, and my account was suspended on New Year's Eve. It took two days until I could speak with a support representative to get my account re-activated. I am now using sub-accounts to alleviate the underlying problem, but I was disappointed that my account was suspended by an automated system with no notice.
SparkPost is great for automated sending of transactional emails. It appears to be designed for developers—it does not allow the creation and sending of emails from within the SparkPost user interface. If you're building a software system that needs to send emails, SparkPost is a great choice, but it is not a CRM.
Read Witt Sparks's full review
Rene Enriquez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We had to write an application where we need to send emails to the end users and then track if there were issues with the email delivery. So we decided to use SparkPost to handle this requirement.
  • When you don't want to spent time writing your own code to send emails from your apps
  • When you're looking for a product which provides all that you need regarding email features to make it part of your software
  • When you want to use a product which includes templates that can be re-used instead of writing your own and all the required effort to do that
  • I really like SparkPost, it was really useful to achieve our goals
It provides a good API and the documentation is good enough to start working with it, I first played with the REST API and then I included the product as part of our software, what we really like about SparkPost is the provided dashboard where you can check the status of all the emails that you send from the application. Even the free version is awesome since it allows you to send a huge amount of emails which is enough in certain cases.
Read Rene Enriquez's full review
Samir Shamma | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is currently used for all of our outward facing emails. We are currently in the process of expanding it out to other teams in order to be used for better tracking and insight into the inbox. It has helped us with deliverability issues as well as making sure that we are fully aware of how we are doing.
  • Status of deliverabilty
  • Open and Click Tracking
  • Customer Service
  • Manual replaying of events
  • N/A
Great for users looking for seamless integration and solid deliverability.
Read Samir Shamma's full review
We use Sparkpost as our "mailman" to deliver all of our transactional and non-transactional emails.
  • Email Deliverability
  • Last 10 day insights for reporting on email system health
  • Individually viewing users on the suppression list and quickly take off or put back on.
  • API
  • Reporting. Within the User Interface, it only allows visibility for 10 days.
  • You have to use their API to do anything for long-term metrics
  • Billing support when issues arise with bad communication.
It works best if using another platform to build your emails. Not the best in terms of using as a standalone solution.

SparkPost Scorecard Summary

WYSIWYG email editor (2)
Dynamic content (4)
Ability to test dynamic content (3)
6.7
Landing pages (1)
A/B testing (1)
Mobile optimization (1)
Email deliverability (4)
9.7
List management (3)
Triggered drip sequences (1)
Dashboards (4)
Standard reports (3)
Custom reports (2)
4.4

About SparkPost

SparkPost is a cloud email delivery, authentication, and marketing product from Message Systems.